I have always wanted a Crosman 600 and finally got one.

Started by Wayne52 †, April 01, 2023, 02:33:27 PM

Wayne52 †

My 600 was delivered March 16 and it was only a matter of hours before I was shooting it.  It had a couple old pellets jammed in it plus I replaced the polyurethane o ring on the tube cap.  It's been shooting really good since however when I won
the bid on ebay for it I ordered a seal kit the same day from Henry Ford Airguns.  I will take it apart if it needs to be sealed but right now it's still working fantastic.

Here's a chrony/pic of it that I did soon after getting it.

That o ring from the tube cap I replaced was in 4 different pieces  and hard which makes me think it's been a very long time since the gun had been used plus if I de cock the gun it will leak out overnight. In reality it does need to be resealed, I did put several drops of secret sauce in it when I got it.  This morning I did a 10 shot rapid fire video shooting it.  The most usable shots I get from it is about 35. The nice thing is that kit came with all the o rings and an aftermarket poppet.  The de-cocked
leaking out symptom tells me the poppet isn't sealing in the de-cocked position and it also came with a new valve poppet spring as well.  Right now the worse part about the gun for me is it's got right handed grips on it, I've been watching for a pair of left handed oem grips for it but no luck.  I did see one of these guns about 5 years ago on ebay that had factory left hand grips but by the time I clicked on it, it was gone, it was one of the buy it now sales.  I paid $190.10 plus $20 shipping and tax for mine so it wasn't a super bad deal by today's standards

Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

CraigH

Congratulation!    The Crosman 600 was unique when originally offered there is still nothing quite like it.    Nice video too.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Wayne52 †

Thanks Craig !!! I'm uploading that rapid fire video of it to youtube right now, I've already done a bunch of shooting videos with it already but they're all on vimeo and rumble, I'm not a big fan of google these days.
Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

WyoMan

Nice video Wayne and good shooting too :-*
I'm glad you are enjoying your 600. They are lots of fun and a real masterpiece in time.

I think you are correct with where the gun is leaking... If it doesn't leak when cocked, and only leaks when un-cocked, then the hammer pressing on the valve stem is the difference. Likely a compromised valve stem seal to the seat. Your new Henry Ford exhaust valve may come in handy. Try to keep, protect, and preserve the transfer port seal. I've found that most replacement kits don't provide the correct seal (just a thought).

I have a set of LH grips I will never use. Got them with the gun in a trade from fellow member Breakfastchef.

If you want them, PM me a shipping address and they're yours  :-* Lots of fun these guns  :)

Wyo
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Wayne52 †

Thanks a lot Wyoman !!! It'll be so nice to be able to shoot comfortably too, the gun is sure a lot of fun shooting.

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Wayne52 †

Thanks Mudduck and Kevin !!!  I've never had one of these 600's apart but according to what I read in the Crosman factory manual (60's) , there are no
special tools needed to disassemble them.  The main thing will be cleaning up all the sealing surfaces really good like I've done on other vintage Crosmans.

WyoMan

Wayne, you might need something similar to what Crosman calls a T-8 tool to remove and install the valve.

The valve seals to the tube via the valve body o-ring (size 113) when the front and back are screwed together - compressing the o-ring and sealing to the tube via extrusion.

The valve will not slide easily in the tube if the valve is screwed together tight. To loosen the front of the valve for removal you need a tool to reach the valve from the front of the tube. I made one from a 13mm socket.

The procedure is reversed for installation.

A flathead screwdriver will work if the tip is at least 5/8" wide, hth-

Wyo
Wyo

Wayne52 †

I do have a 5/8" tip screw driver that would work but looking at that 13mm socket you rigged up I might just make one like it to simplify the process too. 
A neighbor that recently movedback to Wi. left behind a bunch of stuff (even a 1950's Bridgeport mill his fatherinlaw got) I've probably got a half dozen of the 13mm sockets.

WyoMan

Awesome!!!  :-*
Bet you can knock it out in short-order with an end mill. Mine cut like Chrome-Moly.
Going to the P.O. tomorrow...

Wyo
Wyo

Wayne52 †

I got my new grips from Wyoman and thanks a lot I like them.  Just uploaded a video with my latest 10 shot target.

CraigH

I like that target and concept - the "one-shot-group".
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Wayne52 †

Thanks Craig 8)  I think it's my best numbers target so far, I like fooling around with stuff like that on gimp.  Man I'm really happy Wyoman sent me those nice grips
for the gun, they are a lot nicer on that 600, I still like my Crosman 150 a lot more for accuracy but that 600 sure is a lot of fun shooting plus I can do ten semi auto
shots not having to reload every single pellet to take a shot.