I have always wanted a Crosman 600 and finally got one.

Started by Wayne52 †, April 01, 2023, 02:33:27 PM

WyoMan

I'm with Craig, that's a kool target to add some variety for shooting paper  8) and excellent shooting for a 600, btw  :-*
glad the grips helped in some way... that's way better than having them gather dust in the parts bin for the next 20 years...

Wyo
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Wayne52 †

Wyo I don't think I'll ever get the accuracy with the 600 like I can with the 150's and it does make sense just the way the 600 operates with that mechanism in it.
I guess that Crosman started designing that gun back in the mid 50's from what I've read and it is a gun way ahead of it's time as far as it being a true semi auto
co2 powered air gun.  AEA does build semi auto .22's in pcp but not powered by co2 plus the small caliber ones they're making are much more bulky and not
even what I consider a usable pistol that one could carry and use as a pistol.  There are plenty of revolver pistols but not true semi autos.
Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

rangerfredbob

One of these days I'll get my 600 back out and see where it's leaking... it was fun when it was working...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Wayne52 †

Mine was leaking if I de cocked it but it stopped leaking entirely now but I did add secret sauce when I first got it so it did soften up the poppet
enough that it's completely sealed now.  I did another chronograph test on it and it's lost about 15fps since I got it so I think that after the secret
sauce softened up the poppet that its affecting the velocity as well, the sealing surface inside the valve is probably sinking further into the poppet.
Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

Wayne52 †

Wayne52 †

I just did another numbers target shoot for the day, I uploaded this one on youtube and it's public.  I think from now on all that target
shooting I'll make public on youtube instead of unlisted, I'll do the hunting video's as unlisted because that way I've never had a
problem with video's on youtube yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLF19pwTH7Y

Wayne52 †

I'm really hooked on plinking with this gun . . . . lotta fun for sure 8)
https://youtu.be/sEqABYRjp2c

Wayne52 †

I cast up some more wad cutters yesterday and had to shoot some numbers this morning with my 600.  I'll be looking forward to getting out in the woods
with this gun in the warmer weather, There was one day that I was able to take it in the woods and 4 clicks on elevation works out great for 20 to 30 yds. It
sure is a unique air pistol that was an ingenious design for sure.