1377 is done, chrony test 739 fps, only 10 pumps Video Updated 2/17

Started by Crosshairs, December 26, 2010, 09:59:50 PM

airguns100

I have to agree with Carl 100%

Take for example Crosman high Velocity SSP pellets weighing in at only 4 grains. Those pellets aren't even legal in Canada because even a de-tuned crosman can hit 700 fps using those pellets.  ;D

Mike you may want to do another test and show us what pellets your using to do these "tests"
The OG gangster of the "bling"

airguns100

Quote from: quickster47 on February 17, 2011, 02:24:22 PM
Personally, I think when some one publishes FPS numbers they should include the pellet weight so we can get a better gauge of what the gun is really putting out.

I have a AS2250XT with a .177 24" barrel running on CO2 that I can get 1106 fps with using Prometheus ThUnder BOLT pellets weighing in at 5 grains.  That ain't much fpe but the fps numbers are impressive.

Carl

Hey Carl.
Just in case you were wondering. here's the link for those bad boys: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Crosman_High_Velocity_Super_Sonic_Pellets_177_Cal_4_0_Grains_Hollowpoint_Lead_Free_250ct/739
These pellets are completely outlawed in Canada, unless you have a valid P.A.L. (Possession and Acquisition License) for firearms.

Crosshairs

If you read the posts the 5th one T191032 asked what pellet i used,it was a beeman field target 8.6gr pellet.I have no reason to lie and fake a chrony test. So if you dont think its true put up some money and i will prove it.I cant help if my gun has high numbers they all arent gonna shoot the same even if you do the same mods to every 1377 made.like i said i think because it was a old will broke in gun,so the inside of the tube was very smooth this might have something to do with my high numbers.  :(  ???
                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

airguns100

I keep forgetting your running a 24" barrel on that gun. I didn't see a list of upgrades when you posted your pictures in the gallery section "pump gun clan" does your valve have mods?  ???

how ever, a lot of "questionable" numbers float around various websites and makes me raise a eyebrow some times?   ;)

-Rye

Crosshairs

I was only pushing mid 600s with the stock barrel after piston and valve where installed,i gained about 100 fps after i changed the barrel,even i was shocked.
     Mike

Crosshairs

Quote from: airguns100 on February 17, 2011, 02:34:00 PM
I have to agree with Carl 100%

Take for example Crosman high Velocity SSP pellets weighing in at only 4 grains. Those pellets aren't even legal in Canada because even a de-tuned crosman can hit 700 fps using those pellets.  ;D

Mike you may want to do another test and show us what pellets your using to do these "tests"
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrmEXw1mA4c#ws]Proof of Chrony test numbers[/url]

ray1377

Quote from: Crosshairs on February 17, 2011, 03:15:05 PM
If you read the posts the 5th one T191032 asked what pellet i used,it was a beeman field target 8.6gr pellet.I have no reason to lie and fake a chrony test. So if you dont think its true put up some money and i will prove it.I cant help if my gun has high numbers they all arent gonna shoot the same even if you do the same mods to every 1377 made.like i said i think because it was a old will broke in gun,so the inside of the tube was very smooth this might have something to do with my high numbers.  :(  ???
                 Mike

I don't doubt you one bit.
In fact, I'm jealous and wished my 1377 would shoot that fast.
I had read where you used 8.6grain pellets.
Which means my gun is even slower than I thought because I was using 7.9grain pellets.
So double whammy on me. You shoot heavier pellets faster than I shoot lighter ones.
I'd be interested in knowing how fast your gun would shoot some 7.9grain CPHP's.
Thanks
Ray
Ray Thomas

Master of the 1000 inch shot.

Crosshairs

I guess i can do a vid with some lighter pellets,that would be a good test.This thing shoots real flat, 30 yard shot no problem she hardly drops.I think i got lucky with my gun.I just hope my friends here in the forum can do the same with there guns.When you take your gun apart check the inside of the tube make sure you dont have any sharp edges, if you do hone it real smoth and replace your o- rings you might have cut one.
                            Mike

airguns100

Thanks Mike.

Like i said, using a 24" barrel and properly tuned valve in conjunction with urethane orings and SSP pellets, FPS numbers can hit well (over 900fps). believe me.  ;)

Crosshairs

Thats very cool how many pumps do you think i can max out i did pump 15 times or so and almost reached 800 fps it was 790 something lol i wrote it down some place.I took a little bashing from some of the boys at my range,they could not belive my numbers so now they can see them on youtube but not here Ha Ha  ;D
    Mike

airguns100

if your using (buna duro 60 orings) i wouldn't suggest pumping the gun past 40, it will either blow out the piston oring or the valves oring.
Duro 75 is a bit more rigid, urethane can be pumped to 60, after that they'll rip.  ;D

you should make another video pumping the gun up to 30-40. i'll mail you a few new orings (for free) if they blow out, i promise! just email me your address and i'll send them to you.  8)
I have a bunch of brand new buna duro 60 orings in .177 size (003), .22 (005-006), 006 fit's tighter, and piston/valve (111) and inner valve sized (012)
i pretty much have a bunch of extra's  ;)

-Rye.

edit.  valves inner is size (012)

ray1377

Well I did some testing tonight after work.
I took off the .22 barrel and put my 24inch .177 barrel back on my 1377.
With a 24 inch barrel, Mellonair FTP kit, poly-port mod, ported and polished valve internals, lighter valve spring.
Using 7.9 grain CPHP's I got these numbers.
10-pumps = 643fps
20-pumps = 714fps
30-pumps = 742fps
40-pumps = 768fps
50-pumps = 791fps
60-pumps = 808fps

I "FINALLY" broke 800fps , but dang, 60 pumps!!
I don't think so.
Back to the drawing board.
Thanks
Ray
Ray Thomas

Master of the 1000 inch shot.

Crosshairs

Holy Chit Ray 60 pumps i dont have the balls to pump mine 60 times, but you got some good numbers.Well i guess i will have to try sooner or later.I will to a vid and go only 25 pumps maybe 30 hope she dont blow,the gun that is.
                     Mike

Crosshairs

Sounds like a leaking O-Ring i dont think its pushing all the air into the valve air must be leaking past the O-Ring thats the only thing i can think of,unless you got a bad valve. ???
               Mike

airguns100

Quote from: ray1377 on February 18, 2011, 04:37:25 AM
Well I did some testing tonight after work.
I took off the .22 barrel and put my 24inch .177 barrel back on my 1377.
With a 24 inch barrel, Mellonair FTP kit, poly-port mod, ported and polished valve internals, lighter valve spring.
Using 7.9 grain CPHP's I got these numbers.
10-pumps = 643fps
20-pumps = 714fps
30-pumps = 742fps
40-pumps = 768fps
50-pumps = 791fps
60-pumps = 808fps

I "FINALLY" broke 800fps , but dang, 60 pumps!!
I don't think so.
Back to the drawing board.
Thanks
Ray

i'm surprised it didn't melt the orings at 60 pumps.  During hot summer they probably would have.  ;D
What bolt are you using? and what oring material?
Check to see if all the air in the valve is being dumped in one trigger pull, if not, you'll need a stiffer hammer spring. 

Check:
-pump gun to 20
-pull trigger
-cock gun (with out loading a pellet, and pumping) and pull the trigger again.

if air is released it probably your spring.
let us know.