Pistol Maintenance

Started by Crosshairs, February 03, 2011, 04:49:15 AM

Squallywally

Anyone use cleaning pellets. See them on some airgun sites, Pyramyd included but never have bit on them.
Look kinda gimiky.

Experience???

Crosshairs

Once a year complete strip down and clean.Check for worn parts. :-*
                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Oane

Quote from: Squallywally on February 09, 2011, 03:23:47 AM
Anyone use cleaning pellets. See them on some airgun sites, Pyramyd included but never have bit on them.
Look kinda gimiky.

Experience???

you mean the cotton thingy's? yeah I have a lot of them I got with my EB22, I run them through the barrel once every two tins of pellets and they are always dark and lead stained, so probably they do their job.

quickster47 †

Quote from: Oane on February 09, 2011, 10:27:49 AM
You mean the cotton thingy's? yeah I have a lot of them I got with my EB22, I run them through the barrel once every two tins of pellets and they are always dark and lead stained, so probably they do their job.

I do the same thing.  Only size I have are the .177 and they do appear to do a nice job of cleaning for what they are.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Yep they do a good job i also use them.
                         Mike

Squallywally

Aw right then, I guess I will add a bunch to my next pellet order and try them out.
thanks

Crosshairs

My friend came over today with his Daisy powerline 45 looking gun and said he cant hit a can from across his yard, about 39 feet or so.I asked how old is it,he said oh about 8 or 9 years old,when is the last time you cleaned out the barrel ? HUH you have to clean them  ;D so we gave it i good bath.You know the rest of the story.   :-*
          Mike

Crosshairs

Some products i use to care for all my guns, real and airguns.