Pistol Maintenance

Started by Crosshairs, February 03, 2011, 04:49:15 AM

Crosshairs

Never hear much about taken care of our guns.Tell us how you keep your gun in top shape.tips, tricks,any new ideas.How often do you clean your barrel.lets hear it folks.
             Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

62Falcon

I've only had my gun since last Xmas. According to the user guide I should lube my 1377C after every 250 rounds. I've lubed mine twice so far. I've been looking at air gun cleaning kits. My buddy says to make up my own. I will watch this thread closely for some tips. Thanks for starting it Mike.

~Falcon

PS - I also checked all my screws.  ;)
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Crosshairs

Tip 1  I clean my barrel lube moveing parts and check all screws after every 500 shots.

T191032

Maintenance?  What's that?   :D

Last I checked the 1377 "Semi-stock" pistol it still looked rather wet when pumping.  Should probably take a closer look when I go to shoot the next set of targets.  Wipe them down with a silicone cloth.  All Co2 cartridges usually get their drop of Pellgun oil when I shoot the .22.  Just like the powder-burning crowd, most have been "silent" (pun intended) in the operation business lately, so everyone is probably due some looks.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Crosshairs

After 1500 shots tighten all screws,check opperation of guns safety.check zero on scope or sights.

airguns100

I strongly suggest avoiding any sort of metal cleaning rods like aluminum, or steel. The same goes for attachments. I highly recommend using wooden rods and plastic attachments when using cleaning patches or brush attachments. Look for graphite rods only with plastic attachments. that's the safest thing to use, if you must use a rod.
A gun shop owner used a aluminum rod and metal attachment and scored the rifling in one of my .177 crosman barrels rendering it junk. It was probably the edge of the metal cleaning attachment that scratch it, so i just avoid metal cleaning kit's altogether.

Hoppes 9 or Viper bore snake cleaning kits are the best thing on the market right now for the rifling inside air gun barrels.  :-* :-* :-*

Do what you want with your barrel. The only metal going through my barrels are will be round lead pellets or the new alloy pellets that are made for air gun barrels
The OG gangster of the "bling"

mammocked

I managed to snap a metal cleaning rod off in my barrel.
I use monofilament line and pull through patches now.
Much safer I believe. I always wipe my gun down after use
to stop it rusting with an oil soaked rag.

Crosshairs

Me too i wipe down even if i just hold it.Also wipe with a little oil.
    Mike

steveo1989

Boresnake, Hoppes 9, and a toothbrush (no longer good for human use after using on a pellet gun...I'm just sayin'... :) )
Avid rimfire and extreme long range shooter.  Newly re-introduced to airguns, and find it quite interesting to get trigger time in my basement every day.

bdb12586

I use a boot lace with a not tied in it, about $1.79 for 2 and they work great,you can get them anyware. a drop of oil on every cartridge and wipe it down with a oil cloth

62Falcon

Quote from: bdb12586 on February 06, 2011, 05:49:43 PM
I use a boot lace with a not tied in it, about $1.79 for 2 and they work great,you can get them anyware. a drop of oil on every cartridge and wipe it down with a oil cloth

Brilliant idea! Thanks!

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Crosshairs

A few times i got stuck in the rain when shooting,as soon as i got back home a complete clean and lube job.
          Mike

airguns100

Quote from: bdb12586 on February 06, 2011, 05:49:43 PM
I use a boot lace with a not tied in it, about $1.79

That's really all bore snake cleaning kits are.  -Or really fat shoe laces.  :-*
there's even a 12 gauge shot gun snake kits. the lace is hugh.  ;D

Some bore snake kit's have a brass-brush cleaning attachment sewn (inside) the lace to allow just the bristles to protrude through the lace material to clean rifling, It keeps the harmful metal attachment from coming into contact with the rifling completely.
it's a brilliant.
The OG gangster of the "bling"

steveo1989

This thread just got me in the mood to clean some of my powder-burning pistols.   :-*
Avid rimfire and extreme long range shooter.  Newly re-introduced to airguns, and find it quite interesting to get trigger time in my basement every day.

ChokingVictim

Quote from: steveo1989 on February 06, 2011, 11:33:34 PM
This thread just got me in the mood to clean some of my powder-burning pistols.   :-*

I just got done doing the same. :)
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds