Brand new 1377 from Walmart, had a previous owner...

Started by Jimmy_2k9, February 04, 2011, 07:30:46 AM

quickster47 †

Well there is certainly a lot of mystery around air gun oil but truth be known, what you have will work.  Biggest thing is, DON'T over lube your gun.  A drop of oil goes a long, long way.

BTW, glad you got the issue resolved.  Now you can move on to more serious stuff like your first mod.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

62Falcon

Quote from: Jimmy_2k9 on February 05, 2011, 03:47:31 AM
Just got back from walmart, went to go check out the other guns before I returned mine. Had the guy come over and take the silly plastic locks off the rack so I could check them all out. I looked at all five of the guns they had, every single one has the dings and scratches along the barrel and pump rail. I decided I'd be better off keeping the gun, because at least it shots very accurately, no defects in performance that I've noticed.

Sounds like the entire shipment got damaged somehow. What bothers me the most is the rust. What the hay is up with that? I would return it just for the rust and get one from Amazon instead, but it is your call of course. Good luck with it if you decide to keep it.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

airguns100

Quote from: Jimmy_2k9 on February 04, 2011, 01:41:53 PM
Interesting, I just thought it lacked the 1337 label on the box. I'm still very much a noob at this. I'm going to assume this gun will still accept all available mods that makes the 1337 so popular? *crosses fingers*

Yes it will.  :-*
The only thing i'v heard was the grips are a little bit different.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1280960371/New+Crosman+Model
The OG gangster of the "bling"

steveo1989

Yup, its a walmart model...it looks the same, but it isn't....people will buy it because it "looks" the same.  Made in China crap.  That's why it has a different name - not an American Classic any more.

sooo sad.

Just like with Schwinn bicycles.  The ones at walmart are NOT the same as the ones at bike shops.  HUGE difference.  Yet, people who don't know what a quality bike is, but knows the name Schwinn from the past, will say, "why would I pay 500 bux for a schwinn from a bike shop when I can get it at walmart for 300 bux?  Same bike."

Not.
Avid rimfire and extreme long range shooter.  Newly re-introduced to airguns, and find it quite interesting to get trigger time in my basement every day.

Crosshairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at first glance i thought i was sporting a new 1377c,but when i examined it.....model # is pc77.
so i done a little research and found a thread explaining the differences between the 2.
i called crosman,they stat the pc77 is a model code to specify built for walmart sales,and nothing on the gun is different from the beloved 1377c .

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Mike your link is returning an empty page indicating the link is broke or incorrect.

Carl

Page Not Found
Please try using the search below to see if you can find what you are looking for.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bdb12586

Quote from: steveo1989 on February 04, 2011, 10:17:56 PM
I was thinking the same thing...Walmart has VERY BAD ways of dealing with manufacturers.  They tell them, "We'll pay you x.xx dollars per piece, and you will provide YYY pieces per year.  If you can't meet the price and quantity, we'll carry another product."  Most manufacturers will do it, because if they don't they're no longer in the biggest retail store in the world.  How do meet the demand?  They produce a "special model" which is usually sub-standard.  Ruger does this with the 10/22 as well.  I don't like Walmart, and will not shop there.

Sorry for the rant....

x2, I hate walmart. I worked for a company that use to do work for them on an a national level. I never go there. stores are dirty, emplyees rude and barely speek english" around here anyway"

steveo1989

Quote from: bdb12586 on February 05, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
x2, I hate walmart. I worked for a company that use to do work for them on an a national level. I never go there. stores are dirty, emplyees rude and barely speek english" around here anyway"

Yup, and why would Crosman "label something different" just so it can be known as a walmart special, if it's the same as another product?  They took the American Classic name, removed it, had it made in China, (cheaper), sold it to walmart (cheaper) so walmart can carry the brand. 

Is the walmart name fashionable, or does it mean quality to people??   "yeah, baby, this is a Rolex Subwalmarter."  Um, I don't think so.
Avid rimfire and extreme long range shooter.  Newly re-introduced to airguns, and find it quite interesting to get trigger time in my basement every day.

ChokingVictim

Quote from: steveo1989 on February 05, 2011, 03:01:52 PM
Yup, and why would Crosman "label something different" just so it can be known as a walmart special, if it's the same as another product?  They took the American Classic name, removed it, had it made in China, (cheaper), sold it to walmart (cheaper) so walmart can carry the brand. 

Is the walmart name fashionable, or does it mean quality to people??   "yeah, baby, this is a Rolex Subwalmarter."  Um, I don't think so.

Just checked out the packaging in walmart. its says made in the usa with some foreign components. So atleast the QC should be done here.
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

airguns100

Quote from: steveo1989 on February 05, 2011, 12:59:04 PM
Yup, its a walmart model...it looks the same, but it isn't....people will buy it because it "looks" the same. 

The ones at walmart are NOT the same

Not.

agreed.
The OG gangster of the "bling"

Brushy Bill

sorry, no text

arkmaker †

from the Crosman website for the 1377 American Classic;

*In some retail outlets this product is known as the PC77 "Pumpmaster Classic"
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Ddevil54r

- Crosman 1377 stock... For now ;)

eric

Quote from: Ddevil54r on February 10, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
So my pc77 is an inferior 1377?!? :'( suck
not really, different maybe --- yours has the new grip frame which will except the m/p rod trigger group. can that be all that bad ?  ;) :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

arkmaker †

As I said in another post. They will all be designated as PC77 sometime in the near future.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22