Crosman Pellet Trap

Started by Catfish33, February 08, 2011, 03:42:50 PM

Catfish33

Has anyone had any experience with their 4 stage pellet trap? Lets here some good and bad.

62Falcon

I was interested in getting one until I saw it at the sporting goods store. It is rather smallish in my opinion so I passed on it.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

packrat

How big does a pellet trap need to be??? In theory you're shooting at a one inch square area ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

Nate

i dont have a crosman pellet trap but i do have a beeman pellet trap, i only use it for swinging targets that i made out of electrical box knockouts (it does come with swinging animal targets but i found them to big) it held up pretty good for a few weeks but my QB 78 eventualy cracked the spot weld that helf on of the side peices on, but it still stays together well enough to use

Catfish33

Quote from: packrat on February 15, 2011, 12:56:20 PM
How big does a pellet trap need to be??? In theory you're shooting at a one inch square area ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am with ya Packrat. The size I am not worried about. More concerned on how well the trap performs. How well do the "curtains" hold up. etc..........

62Falcon

expletive deleted!

packrat

I've been using pieces of regular floor carpeting...I shoot @ 10 meters,everything from stock 2240 to TalonSS, 1250 Dominator and AA S410...NO penetration so far, source i've only been using it for about a year!!!  The big squares of carpet do make the trap heavy, but also make it "bulletproof"  :-*

Thanks Falcon for the deletion (whatever it was)  ;)

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

Crosshairs

I use a cardboard box packed with newspapers at least 6" thick,last long time and cost zero.After the front gets shot up just cut a new peice to size and tape it on.
       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

62Falcon

Quote from: Catfish33 on February 15, 2011, 03:10:45 PM
I am with ya Packrat. The size I am not worried about. More concerned on how well the trap performs. How well do the "curtains" hold up. etc..........

Have you seen the Crosman trap? You might not be so quick to ridicule me after you see how tiny it is. It is barely larger than a shoebox. Also, you may get a new airgun as I did. I took a few practice shots at my target trap (larger) and missed it completely. The sights were that far off! Oops! Fortunately I have a secondary backstop! Whew! I also plan to get a 2240 and mod it. I would not feel comfortable shooting the Crosman Target Trap with it despite the claims by Crosman. I'll bet in little or no time the 2240 would rip the curtains to shreds! Yikes! Funny thing, no one has made a post yet who actually owns one. I wonder why that it is? Could it be that it is overpriced and too small? You might only need "one-square-inch" of target; but stuff happens ya know! You asked for opinions and I gave you mine; then you make light of it. Bad catfish! I can understand your concern about performance, but size is part of that in my opinion. So, go look at one and post back with your opinion. Oh another thing, it is LOUD! Just look at the videos on You Tube!

~Falcon

62Falcon

Quote from: packrat on February 15, 2011, 09:59:42 PM
Thanks Falcon for the deletion (whatever it was)  ;)

Yeah, I had second thoughts about my original post and decided it is just not worth the trouble over some silly comments from a slimy bottom feeder and pesky rodent. Falcons will eat them both for lunch anytime!  :P  

I found this tonight on the Crosman sight, a new pellet trap. Cannot tell the size from the pic however.
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/accessories/targets/0852

~Falcon

Catfish33

I never made a desparaging remake to you. I am unsure of why you are attacking me. If any one even made light of your comment it was Packrat, and I see nothing wrong with his comment about your post either. Not to mention I am asking about this trap for indoor use. I would never originally sight in a new gun indoors. This would be used in the house with my 1377 carbine and about 5 pumps. But all in all I do thank you for your opinion and letting me know the fact that is is still a LOUD trap.

NorthStaR

Steady lads, I don't think anyone was having a go at anyone really.
Sometimes people can post in a thread and have it read in a different tone than was intended.
There are also international members here and for some english is a 2nd language (just a thought!).
And for a 2nd language some speak better than an Saxon like me!

Re-read the posts and you may see them in a different context.

Cheers ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Catfish33

slipkid

I have this trap and lets just say I was underwhelmed by it quality. The main box is plastic and the "heavy gauge galvanized steel" is held in place by small plastic tabs. You can see them in the link Falcon posted above. I use it for shooting my Beeman P3 and it works fine for that... But my Condor, which shoots a Beeman Kodiak at 1130 fps, would shoot right through the "heavy gauge galvanized steel" or blow it out completely...

Slipkid

62Falcon

Quote from: Catfish33 on February 16, 2011, 01:27:09 PM
I never made a desparaging remake to you. I am unsure of why you are attacking me. If any one even made light of your comment it was Packrat, and I see nothing wrong with his comment about your post either. Not to mention I am asking about this trap for indoor use. I would never originally sight in a new gun indoors. This would be used in the house with my 1377 carbine and about 5 pumps. But all in all I do thank you for your opinion and letting me know the fact that is is still a LOUD trap.

OK. I apologize. My bad! Also, I rarely shoot indoors and I tried the new gun outdoors. I use a backstop with my target trap outdoors for safety. I hope you find a target trap you like. Good luck.

~Falcon