plastic breech question

Started by eric, February 11, 2011, 04:34:49 PM

eric

i don't think i seen this anywhere ,as a matter of fact i haven't seen it at all ,so here we go .i haven't bought a 13xx or a 2xxx with a plastic breech since crosman has started making their steel breeches with the new (rear ward  :P ???) screw location .the question is --- where is the breech screw location now --- still in the forward position(old) or rear ward(new) with the plastic breech ? next question is --- do ALL the tubes just have one or both screw locations ? i know the custom shops as of pretty recently have both screw locations.
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Crosshairs

My new 1377 has the hole in the old place,
           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

eric, every plastic breech I have encountered over the last year has the breech screw in the forward position, toward the barrel end.

And I am 99% sure that all the tubes, at least the 2240 tubes I have in my stock, have both screw locations tapped.  I will check the 1377 tubes I have as spares in a little bit to verify them.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

my 2240 and 1377 had the forward screw location, which i thought was the new location, but turns out to be the old. both bought within the past eight months, the 2240 in late december. talking plastic breeches here. no second tube holes on either one.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

eric

Quote from: arkmaker on February 12, 2011, 02:25:30 AM
my 2240 and 1377 had the forward screw location, which i thought was the new location, but turns out to be the new. both bought within the past eight months, the 2240 in late december. talking plastic breeches here. no second tube holes on either one.
so what your saying is  that with both your 1377 and your 2240  is that they only have have the forward(old)breech screw location on the tubes and not the new (rear ward) location? interesting .i wonder how long before crosman completely does away with the old screw location

quickster47 †

What I found Eric is that the 2240 guns have both locations tapped on their tubes and the 1377 tubes only have the old (front) location tapped.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

arkmaker †

I might have gotten a rare one. The 2240 came from pyramid air, but did have the new trigger as well as the new 3-screw plastic trigger cover.
I am assumeing (and that always gets me in trouble) that as soon as they run though thier on hand stock of tubes, we will be only seeing the new breech locations. Should be pretty soon, unless you get one that has been sitting on a shelf somewhere, we will all have more plastic as well and no more brass trigger (but to tell you the truth, I like the fit and finish much better on the new style).
Go figure.... ???
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

It is my understanding from Crosman that the production pieces use the front screw location and it is only the Crosman Custom Shop guns that utilize the special steel breech that has the screw in the back of the breech under the bolt that you need to remove so you can take the breech screw out to remove the breech. (Run on sentence - sorry)

If you order a steel breech (#2240SBPK or 1377SBPK) from the Crosman web site it will have the screw location in the front.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

eric

thanks carl.that is what i was looking for.

packrat

Carl, please don't start apologizing for run-on sentences..if we start doing that I'll be half the night typing out apologies :D :D :D. Interesting bit of info on the screw location, BTW.

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

ray1377

my 1377 has the front old style hole. and the tube doesn't have another hole for the new style.
Thanks
Ray
Ray Thomas

Master of the 1000 inch shot.