AoA

Started by mr007s, February 12, 2011, 05:30:17 PM

mr007s

Seeking your experience with shipping from AoA. I have an order with them and have heard nothing for over a week. It is to be shipped via USPS. The tracking page only tracks UPS and they list to phone for tracking of PO Box addresses. Do you get an email notifying that the order has been shipped?
  Man, this gets old real fast, paying up front and having to wonder what is going on and when the order will actually be in your hand. The same thing with PA. List item as out of stock and will be in 2-7-11. Check back in on that date and they changed the info to be in stock 2-14-11. But, on the positive side, they all have no problem getting their money up front :)

quickster47 †

I have had an almost exactly similar situation with AoA recently.

I placed an order on the 28th of January for 4 custom Crosman pieces that appeared to be in stock from all indications on their web page.  On my electronic receipt the only thing I had was an order number, nothing else, no back order status.  It did say that for shipping information you needed to call, and my pieces were small enough that USPS would be used.  Normally AoA is pretty good about shipping stuff so I've never worried,  But not this time.  So yesterday I finally decided to call.  And wouldn't you know it, the stuff was out of stock but miraculously it came in last Monday and was shipped out the same day.  And today I received the parts in the mail.

My advice, give 'em a call.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mr007s

I just fired off an e-mail seeking info. Yes, I'm cheap and didn't want to pay for a long distance call. If they supplied a toll free number I would use that option :P

packrat

HEY!!! MR EL-CHEAPO...doesn't your cell phone have free long distance????? mine does, I thought they all did???? 
I REFUSE to order anything from anybody if they don't have it in stock, I'll buy it somewhere else..Just the way I am :)  I called Airguns Of Arizona day before yesterday and guess what??? They are COMPLETELY out of Air Force Talons...no Talons and no TalonSS's.. Folks, I amy be wrong here, but if you sell airguns for a living , shouldn't you keep them on-hand? Sound to me like bad management  (or lack of!!) I don't think it's a factory issue..cause I then called PA and ordered mine and out of curiosity, asked about their stock,the girl told me they had 'em all..(they have like 20 different models)
   I normally order on-line..but NOT with AOA..Their dang order sheet is like something from 1955..again bad management.IMO. Now, I've never had any shipping issues with AOA.. but I always call to order!!! MR007S- I  hope you get it straightened out..that sux :(      LOOK BELOW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

mr007s

Quote from: packrat on February 12, 2011, 10:46:16 PM
HEY!!! MR EL-CHEAPO...doesn't your cell phone have free long distance????? mine does, I thought they all did???? 
I REFUSE to order anything from anybody if they don't have it in stock, I'll buy it somewhere else..Just the way I am :)  I called Airguns Of Arizona day before yesterday and guess what??? They are COMPLETELY out of Air Force Talons...no Talons and no TalonSS's.. Folks, I may be wrong here, but if you sell airguns for a living , shouldn't you keep them on-hand? Sound to me like bad management  (or lack of!!) I don't think it's a factory issue..cause I then called PA and ordered mine and out of curiosity, asked about their stock,the girl told me they had 'em all..(they have like 20 different models)
   I normally order on-line..but NOT with AOA..Their dang order sheet is like something from 1955..again bad management.IMO. Now, I've never had any shipping issues with AOA.. but I always call to order!!! MR007S- I  hope you get it straightened out..that sux :(      LOOK BELOW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

That there little toy gun would be pretty in PINK :-\

I aint got no cell, the wifie does and one in the house is one too many.I agree about AoA and the antiquated order form. I mostly use Pay Pal. A couple days after I filled in the order which required by Visa card number there were several bogus transactions listed for about a total of 600$ on my statement. I had to call and have them removed and cancel the card. It will be late next week before the new one arrives. Can't say if it had to do with AoA or just a fluke but it does raise the question.

packrat

My mistake..I naturally figured everyone has a cell phone..I beg your pardon....I too am a BIG  fan of PayPal...been using it for 5-6 years..trouble free :-* :-*  That REALLY sux about the bogus charges...increases the ol' "pucker factor" if ya get my drift.. I sure hope you've gotten it all taken care of.
  I asked about a pink TalonSS, seems they have NO plans to come out with one. :( :( :(  so, I've ordered a big selection of "smiley face" decals to put on the gun.....HAVE A NICE DAY !

arkmaker †

Quote from: packrat on February 13, 2011, 09:51:30 AM
My mistake..I naturally figured everyone has a cell phone..I beg your pardon....I too am a BIG  fan of PayPal...been using it for 5-6 years..trouble free :-* :-*  That REALLY sux about the bogus charges...increases the ol' "pucker factor" if ya get my drift.. I sure hope you've gotten it all taken care of.
  I asked about a pink TalonSS, seems they have NO plans to come out with one. :( :( :(  so, I've ordered a big selection of "smiley face" decals to put on the gun.....HAVE A NICE DAY !

I too was a big fan of PayPal until I went to use it a couple of weeks ago and found my acccount locked (with money still in there). Seems there was a suspicion of fraud, but I looked over every transaction and I was part of all of them, selling/paying and told them so. Still my account remains locked. As soon as I clear up some family issues, I'll start hassleing them again!

Now as for that Talon.....CONGRATULATIONS! Talon Tunes is right here in Jacksonville Fl. and I do plan a visit to talk with Tony. One is in my future as I have been looking at them for a year now.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bdb12586

Hate paypal, no longer use. Love pyramid air, good prices, fast shipping, and tracking numbers. thats been my experiance anyway, though I'm lucky that I live .25 miles from a sporting/gun store. so most mis. stuff I just get from there.

packrat

Man !!! hate to hear about the trouble with PayPal...although, my bank did that very same thing to my account one time..They froze it do activity that didn't "look right" to their computers.....come to find out, if they had NOT locked the account, I would possibly lost a WHOLE BUNCH of money..I'd like to think is what happened in your case as well....computer hackers are STILL alive and well :( :( :( :( :(
   As far as PA goes, they are the first place I go to for EVERYTHING ,except airguns...sometimes other pace have their guns at better prices!!  Not often, but sometimes....When I bought the Walther 1250 DOminator, I found it for $100.00 cheaper than what PA was asking for it :-* :-*