SO WHAT BIT YOU?!

Started by zenki213, February 13, 2011, 01:09:07 AM

zenki213

That's right, so which air/BB gun started it all for you?

My first one was this one, a Red Ryder BB gun 70th anniversary, which I got last year's thanksgiving day (2010)

SO WHAT WAS YOURS?!

quickster47 †

Although it took me many years to realize it, I was bitten back in 1969 when I bought myself a Crosman Mark I.  I am now looking for a replacement for that gun.  Geesh do I wish I had kept the original.  Sigh...

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

steveo1989

On my 5th birthday in 1976, I got my first "gun."  It, too, was a Daisy Red Rider.  That started it all!  I no longer have it, but I did buy another that I bought a couple years ago.  I wish it were all metal and wood like the one I had as a child...but it is still a hoot to shoot!
Avid rimfire and extreme long range shooter.  Newly re-introduced to airguns, and find it quite interesting to get trigger time in my basement every day.

eric

i started out with a daisy El Derado(a store specific 880) in the late 70's.had it til i moved out west in the early 90's.came back and about 4 years ago got my mothers husbands 880 after he passed.but yet again i don't have it anymore.the bug is there to stay
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Dutch Caliber

I think it was 2003, a Gamo Delta. I still have it.
After that a Crosman SSP250, a Gamo Whisper X Vampire and a Crosman 1077. Now I'm considering a Hatsan Striker 1000S 4,5mm with the orange inlays :)
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

bdb12586

Slept with the jcpenny catalog under my pillow for months, all I wanted was a red ryder for Christmas. Got it, loved guns ever since. The airgun that really got me into the sport was my 1322, still have it, now in pieces waiting for resurrection.

Cross Pistol Packer

Webley Junior .177 smooth bore,back in 1966 :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Oane

A Harrington's the gat on my 10 birthday, ruined it when I dismantled it when I was 12, why am I alway's this curios....

looking for an old one again for nostalgic and collection reasons.

T191032

This one, a Daisy Model 102, bought at a relative's Hardware store, early 1980's.

But this Crosman, bought at a Flea Market in PA was the start of my affair with Crosman.  The box it is sitting on goes to another 760, however.

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

arkmaker †

10 years old when my Dad sat me down in the basement and taught me safety and shooting with a Crosman 114 .22 cal rifle. Still my favorite today.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

arkmaker †

Quote from: Oane on February 13, 2011, 01:02:17 PM
A Harrington's the gat on my 10 birthday, ruined it when I dismantled it when I was 12, why am I alway's this curios....

looking for an old one again for nostalgic and collection reasons.

There was one of these on Gunbroker just in the last couple of weeks!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Wow now im getting flash backs i had a bb gun that was used i think it was a plansman it used the 8 gr carts,But my first new airgun was a Daisy Buffalo Bill Scout in 1968,and soon after that a crosman 760. I still have them both but my 760 is at my dads house in VA.And my scout is now being rebuilt hard to find parts.Great thread.
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Oane

Quote from: arkmaker on February 13, 2011, 03:39:01 PM
There was one of these on Gunbroker just in the last couple of weeks!

I just placed a bit on 2 of the here in the Netherlands, hope the guy will mail back one of these day's.

zoned

Daisy 188 to start off with when I was 9. Then it was on to a Crosman 760, then a Crosman 1377 phase 1.

After that I owned no airguns for quite a few years. I've only started back into them again about 4 1/2 years ago now. But I am HOOKED now. ;)

zenki213

It's really nice to see everyone's first airgun  :-*