red dot

Started by swclemmons, February 14, 2011, 04:18:52 AM

swclemmons

Ive ordered a crosman 2300kt and have been looking into red dot scopes and came across this and was wondering if it would work on  my pistol? http://www.thegunsource.com/item/344416___Spotting_Scopes_NCS_1X40_RED_DOT_W_LASER.aspx?w=dV/7U3gO%2bfs%3d

any input would be appreciated

ChokingVictim

thats for a weaver style rail. you would need an adapter or get a red dot that attaches to dovetail.

this sight has both weaver and dovetail http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=554049&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Optics%20-%20Red%20Dot,%20Holo%20%26%20Laser%20Sights-_-PriceCompListing-_-554049
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

swclemmons

so if i want this scope it will work i just need an adapter to mount it? are there adapters that allow the use of iron sights with out removing the scope?

ChokingVictim

"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

Nate

those BKL adapters are great! i have a one peice on on my 1377c bullpup it works great! they are made of a solid peice of steel and there are screws on them to "stretch the bottom of the base just a litle bit to slide it over the rail, and then the same screws will "squeez" the mount back together to clamp on to the rail

swclemmons

so are those sights ones i could use both the scope and the iron sights simultaneously

quickster47 †

What non-optic sight are you using, is it the factory sight or some after market sight?  That will make a difference as to whether or not you can use the sight mounts listed.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

swclemmons

was just going to use factory iron sights nothing special

quickster47 †

Then you should be able to use the BKL scope mounts.  They sit a little higher but then you can see through the bottom of the mount and use your iron sights.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ray1377

Your on the right track with the 3 MOA part.
If you shoot at targets farther than say 25 yds with a 5 MOA dot. The dot will be so big that it will practically cover up the 10 ring.
3 MOA is a good choice for target work.
Thanks
Ray
Ray Thomas

Master of the 1000 inch shot.

swclemmons

well gotta wait on scope to come off back order but think thats the one im gonna get. thanks for all the input i'll post pics when i get gun and when i get scope. thanks again