Winter blues what to do !!!

Started by Crosshairs, February 15, 2011, 01:51:14 PM

Crosshairs

Tell us what you do in the winter to keep your airgun shooting from the same old thing.I can use some new ideas.What do you shoot at, how far away, do you shoot along.
                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Might be boring but I just do target shooting.  Practice, practice, practice and then practice some more.  Probably go through about 700 pellets a week when I shoot every night.  Thank goodness that the Crosman Premier Domed and Hollow Points shoot okay in my guns and that Wally World always has them in their local store.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

packrat

I do a lot of that as well....it doesn't get boring to me...when I can put every pellet in the same hole, THEN perhaps it will lose it's appeal, but so far  that hasn't happened ;D .Stick empty 12g cartidges in a flat piece of styrofoam and shoot at them from 62 yards--nice reactive target for those that need "instant gratification". Put sticks of chalkboard chalk in that same piece of styofoam, another reactive targte...and really CHEAP fron the "Dollar Stoer"..I just enjoy shooting :-* :-* :-*

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

Plasticman

I shoot a lot of paper if you keep buying new guns it doesn't get too borring. I have modded acouple of guns and made some grips. Built some spinner targets and some field targets.Thats about it.

Rualert

Paper at 5M, and 25 yards, steel plates ranging from 30 yards to 50 yards for that nice loud ding!

Casey

Crosshairs

I also shoot alot of paper,one handed ,two hands,left handed and im a righty,sitting, standing from a rest.anyway i can think of to mike it different.Also love to shoot cans,love to hear that pellet hit.Then some steel rodant targets in the back yard.bottle caps you name it.
                               Mike

mr007s

Quote from: Crosshairs on February 15, 2011, 01:51:14 PM
Tell us what you do in the winter to keep your airgun shooting from the same old thing.I can use some new ideas.What do you shoot at, how far away, do you shoot along.
                     Mike

I try to get the X-WIFE to stand against the wall and place an apple on her head :-X

quickster47 †

In Omnia Paratus

Crosshairs

Oane

Quote from: mr007s on February 16, 2011, 04:01:10 AM

I try to get the X-WIFE to stand against the wall and place an apple on her head :-X

pull a Wilhelm Tell on her! :D

62Falcon

I've had my gun since the week before Xmas; so far I've been sighting in my Red Dot Sight (allong with my buddy's) and punching a lot of paper, breaking in the gun and getting a real feel for it. I'm in Northern Cali and it is raining all this week. Moan! I get in some rare indoot target practice when my SO is out shopping. Other than that I surf the web a lot, learing as much as I can about Crosman airguns and potential mods. I finally have my 1377C in its sweet spot at 33 feet, so more serious target practice is in order. Who knows, I may even enter the February target shooting contest if I get comfortable and confident enough to make a good showing this month. Don't wanna get laughed at too much, tough crowd here with lots of high-end specialized guns to go up against. Sigh!

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

airguns100

The OG gangster of the "bling"

quickster47 †

Quote from: airguns100 on February 16, 2011, 09:17:48 AM
testing, getting ready for the summer, and this. http://sub-silentsuppressors.com/Targets/GOLF%20Target.jpg

That's a good un' alright but I seem to end up in the sand traps a lot when I try and shoot one handed.  Sigh...

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Rualert

Forgot to add, since the V-Day is now over, pick up a bunch of those heart shaped candies for 50-80% off, stick them to cardboard, and watch them shatter!

;D ;D :-*

Casey

Crosshairs

Had a nice day monday got a chance to shoot outdoors. Shot at 30 yards.Man i cant wait till spring time.
                             Mike