Crosman C11 and Baretta Clips

Started by 62Falcon, February 21, 2011, 05:20:07 AM

62Falcon

I stopped by the Big 5 sporting goods store today looking for some spare clips for my Crosman C11 pistol. They had a two-pack of Baretta clips in stock. The manager opened up the pack and inserted one into a C11 he also had. In, click, out.....no problem; so I bought them for $15.99. I went online and checked them out and they are compatible with several air pistols including the C11. OK. Coolness. I looked at the Crosman clips online also and they are compatible with the Baretta air pistols. Oh goody. They look identical to my naked eyes.

So, I loaded up a clip with BBs and inserted into my C11. No problem. Now to remove it. I pressed the eject button and NOTHING! HUH? Pressed the button again and nothing happens, it is stuck! Waaaaaa! While pressing the button I give the gun a couple of firm raps against my palm and the clips slides out enough for me to grab it and remove it. I try the second Baretta clip and the exact same thing happens, it will not eject unless I give it a good smack. Not good. I then try my identical looking Crosman clip and it works flawlessly. I will retun the Baretta clips tomorrow. I don't want to chance them ruiningy my new C11. I'm glad I decided to try them tonight rather than toss them in my bag to use later. Whew!

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Crosshairs

I use the same mags just use one less BB in the mag and they will work fine.
                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

62Falcon

Quote from: Crosshairs on February 23, 2011, 01:08:36 AM
I use the same mags just use one less BB in the mag and they will work fine.
                  Mike

Not in my gun for some reason, Mike. They load just fine, but they were very difficult to remove; both clips. My original Crosman clip ejects easily. I cannot explain it because they worked in the C11 at the store, the reason I bought them in the first place. Oh well. It's history. I already returned them. I'll order the Crosman clips.

How many BBs do you load in the stock clip? I can load 20, but I saw on You Tube where they hold only 19 or 18. My owners manual states capacity is 20.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Crosshairs

Thats very odd Falcon,well at least you got you loot back. ???
                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!