too much compression!

Started by riseandrun, February 26, 2011, 08:23:46 PM

riseandrun

Hi guys,
New to the forum today.  I have a 1377 that my neighbor found in the garbage doing his route one day.  He gave it to me.  It had some compression when I first got it, but didn't shoot very good.  I put a few drops of motor oil in the spot marked and ruined the seals and....?   Wrong  oil I now know.  Use air gun oil.  I've taken the entire thing apart, cleaned it all up wiping down the insides with a clean cloth and air gun oil (lost the safety ball in the process)
I've replace the exhaust valve assy. , pump cup assy., and the breech gasket?  My problem now is I have so much compression I can't get the pump cup back in.  I tried using a dowl rod to the back of the exhaust valve assy, and even found doing a search that that was standard procedure.  It didn't work for me which now makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, or I got a bad "new"  part.
Looking forward to shooting it, and maybe even doing a few modifications to it.
TIA
Kevin

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Crosshairs

I think you need to open the valve,try pushing the valve stem it should releace the pressure.
          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Yep. I think Mike has it right. Sounds like the valve is pressurized.

Make sure nothing is in the barrel, then cock and fire the gun in a safe direction. That should relieve any pressure built up in the valve...then try again!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

riseandrun

Thanks for that great parts breakdown and advice.  I realized my mistake in that I was trying to slide the pump cup assembly straight in instead of opening it up like I would when I pump up the gun. Anyway the roll pin is in and I've taken it out to the garage for a test firing.  WOW!!!  :D ;D :-* This is going to be fun.  I'll do a little searching for favorite ammo and mods and ....  see what I can learn from the pro's.

Where I live it's going to be way easier/cheaper  to shot an air pistol than my 22 rifle.

Questions to follow.
Thanks again
Kevin

Crosshairs

Thats great news  :-*  :-* you won the battle ! Now shoot the hell out of it, we wanna see some pics and maybe a target.I like the R 10 match 8.2 gr  RWS pellets in my 1377.
         Mike
      SHOOT SAFE !!!  :-*

Darth

I get those "ball bearings" from automotive grease fittings ... they are 3/32 also. Just grind the backside of the fitting until the spring comes out. Really easy ... and an unlimited supply !!

Darth
The Force Is With You Young Lead Slinger ... But You Are Not A Crosman Yet ...

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/index.php

Crosshairs

They are a pain in the butt,I lost one from my 1377 last year,I think most of have.
            Mike