My Indoor Range Video

Started by Crosshairs, February 28, 2011, 12:07:29 AM

Crosshairs

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h688VitfvDs#ws]Video Of My Indoor Range[/url]       Just a quick clip of my indoor range hope you like it.
                                                                                                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

eric

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Crosshairs

Thanks eric! lots of fun.
         Mike

Crosshairs

come on guys how bout some coments. its not that boring lol  ;D  need more idea's               
                          Mike

62Falcon

Wow! What a nice setup you have there; an attic man cave! You can shoot anytime you like. I have to set mine up, then store it when I'm done. But it keeps the peace and I get to shoot! I also shoot at 33 feet mostly. I made some shooting bag rests the other day. Now I need to get a proper sized table to be able to setup and shoot from. I have some ideas. I really enjoyed your video. Please keep 'em coming!

~Falcon

Oh, loved the music!
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Mebits

Nice set up.

I've got one set up in my basement. I live in a shotgun row house so I've got about 45' if I set up on one wall and shoot down a lane into the dug-out crawl space at the opposite "wall" (i.e. dirt and foundation). I set up a 2.5' x 4' piece of hardibacker, then some foam as my back stop.

My big problems? 1) lighting and 2) getting to my target.

I've got a light on the main switch in the dug out but it's a cfl and not very bright. I can usually see my target, but it's not so easy to see my hits. I guess I can up grade the cfl or perhaps reflect it. That or I can just run an extension cord back there with a work light. I just don't like all that clutter.

I'm thinking that instead of crawling through that foundation wall in order to check or replace my target, I could set up a pully and just bring the target the 15' to me.

Any ideas or tips?

Crosshairs

The pulley sounds like the ticket or just shoot at 30' if im getting the picture right.
                        Mike

Mebits

Pretty much. The "crawling, is more of a squat and bend through the hole. Then I can stand up and work my way over the bricks, along my walking board to my back stop. It's not too nasty or hard, but not as much fun as I'd like.

I have to say, 30' isn't enough of a challenge. Unless I'm very careless or shooting free hand, they're all in the same hole! 45' is closer to my minimum typical shot.

I'm shooting a 2400kt with an 18" barrel, btw.

One thought on the lighting that I'm going to try is an aluminum foil reflector in order to get more light on that target zone. We'll see if that works.

I intend to try the pully thing but anybody who's done it have any suggestions for design?

Crosshairs

http://www.sherwinshootingsports.com/TargetRetrievalSystem.htm   This might give you some ideas.
                                                                                                               Mike

Mebits

That cute red-head in the pics is givin' me all kinds of ideas. ;)

1377x

Quote from: Mebits on March 01, 2011, 03:24:38 PM
please stick to pumping airguns ;D ;D ;D ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

tayloriand

Quote from: Mebits on March 01, 2011, 03:24:38 PM

mmmm
non airgun related ideas !?

Ian
member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

Mebits

well, she did appear a bit...pneumatic!

T191032

"cute red-head"   :-\

well, ya'll got my attention, till I saw the rocks (rings) on her hands. . .

http://www.pilkguns.com/buildrange.shtml

The local indoor range has electronic target retrieval, but since they have also allowed the system to deteriorate over time, they need to overhaul and won't spend the $$ to do so.  Won't fix the heat system either.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Crosshairs