Peculiar Warning Label

Started by bildio, February 28, 2011, 12:23:45 AM

bildio

I was surprised when I read the warning label on the box that contained my Crosman pistol.

It reads, "This product contains a chemical know to the State of California to cause cancer & birth defects (and other reproductive harm)."

Does anyone have any details about this warning, & in particular what part of the pistol contains the chemical?
Bill

ChokingVictim

"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

Crosshairs

I think its the plastic.
            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

bildio

Maybe I'll call Crosman & ask.
Bill

quickster47 †

Whatever you do, do NOT eat those plastic grips.  :-X  I mean, they are really good roughage but they are also a carcinogen of the worst type.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bildio

Quote from: quickster47 on February 28, 2011, 12:54:35 AM
Whatever you do, do NOT eat those plastic grips.  :-X  I mean, they are really good roughage but they are also a carcinogen of the worst type.

Carl

I'm not in CA, so I guess they're safe to eat.
Bill

arkmaker †

It's gotta be the lead or oil  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Darth

It is the oil and lead, I drank a bunch of the oil once to wash down a tin of pellets ... then I had to wear this suit ... and I breath funny now ... go figure ...

Darth

EDIT ... The plastic hasn't bothered me yet.
The Force Is With You Young Lead Slinger ... But You Are Not A Crosman Yet ...

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/index.php

T191032

Don't sweat it, just their "exposure to Lead" precaution.  Wouldn't be to plastic, look at all of those Famous Hollywood types with plastic and silicone parts.   :o
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

bildio

I don't think the pistol contains lead, but might.

I can understand a warning on the pellets, but none were in the package.
Bill

arkmaker †

CYA in case the gun was test fired? Still think it has to do with the oil as it is the same warning that you find on a quart of 10-30.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

airguns100

It's lead. anything to do with lead, the state of california must put that label on because of Proposition 65. 1986
your pellet gun is considered "pneumatic paper hole puncher" that uses "lead" pellets to make the holes. Therefore...

if we were all to follow that rule, that sticker should have a sticker.  ;D

The OG gangster of the "bling"

Crosshairs

http://www.besafenet.com/pvc/   Thats right dont eat the grips !    :D                                                                                                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

bildio

Got the answer.

The above warning was on the inner box. The outer box, which had a lot of writing, cleared up the mystery.

It states, "WARNING lead pellets. Do not inhale dust or put pellets in mouth. Wash hands after handling. This product contains lead, a chemical know to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects (or other reproductive harm)."

This warning contains the word "lead", but the other doesn't.

Oddly or not, there are no pellets in the package.

Bill

mr007s

Guys, it's C_A_L_I_F_O_R_N_I_A_!!!! It don't have to make any sense :D