Whats wrong with this picture?

Started by ChokingVictim, February 28, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

Crosshairs

All said and done we all would give up a arm or a leg to keep there sight tell me if im wrong.
                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Oane

well without sight there is no more gun fun, so that must be an easy one right?

eric

Quote from: Oane on March 03, 2011, 10:15:38 PM
well without sight there is no more gun fun, so that must be an easy one right?
you would think ,right ?
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

gipper51

Quote from: NorthStaR on March 03, 2011, 08:18:30 PM
Just incase you meant me (paranoia!  :-[ ), please don't don't brand me as 'Safety Police'!   ;D
My remarks are just my opinions and nothing more.  :-*

At the end of the day all its down to is how much you value your sight!  8)

I generally judge something by "is the risk worth the reward".
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. A Doctor Pepper moment!  :-*

No sir, I wasn't calling out you or anybody here but society at large.  Actually, I'm not sure I even got to your post before responding  :D

Oane

Quote from: eric on March 03, 2011, 10:17:18 PM
you would think ,right ?

I work with students in a kitchen and know enough of people to know that they do not always do the logical and/or safe thing.
this afternoon one of them put a plastic rack in a 240 Celsius (464 F) oven so it could hold some food, and three other students where standing around the oven asking each other what was smelling funny, and none would look into the oven.... makes you wonder what they do in higher education....

NorthStaR

Quote from: gipper51 on March 03, 2011, 10:32:51 PM
No sir, I wasn't calling out you or anybody here but society at large.  Actually, I'm not sure I even got to your post before responding  :D
No worries, my fault!  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

eric

Quote from: Oane on March 03, 2011, 10:52:36 PM
I work with students in a kitchen and know enough of people to know that they do not always do the logical and/or safe thing.
this afternoon one of them put a plastic rack in a 240 Celsius (464 F) oven so it could hold some food, and three other students where standing around the oven asking each other what was smelling funny, and none would look into the oven.... makes you wonder what they do in higher education....
ooops!!! :o :D :D  yeah i'm sure we've all had our moments  ;) :P :-[ :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

woody67

Who knows. Maybe shooting would be even more fun if you were blind.
It definitely would be more of a challenge to hit your mark, 'cause all you'd have to aim with would be sounds and smells.
Maybe you could have a special shooting range made up where all the targets moved around and randomly made loud beeping noises or sprayed out obnoxious odors, and you would have to shoot them to make them stop making noise or spraying stinky odors. Maybe they could spray fabreeze after you shot them just to get rid of the stink they put out.        And it wouldn't have to be just for blind people. Regular seeing people could play too. Just bring a blindfold!

I know that no blind people are reading this. If you are not blind, and know someone who is, please present this idea to him or her, and see if they like it. Maybe it's something we could get into works, perhaps even turn it into an olympic event someday. In all honesty though, it's probably better suited for the special olympics.

Darth

In regards to woody67

The time is now, I must act fast and turn him.

Give your self to the Dark Side ... Darth Woody

(It did make me laugh)

And I thought I had a "dark" sense of humor

Darth
The Force Is With You Young Lead Slinger ... But You Are Not A Crosman Yet ...

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/index.php

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

woody67

Funny you said that, cause I had actually just finished using my Volcano right before I typed that!!!!

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

NorthStaR

On the line of safety glasses....

I bought some 'Thunder Bolt" (precharged) 13gr heavy zinc pellets. I was testing them at perhaps a closer range than I would intend use them.
I shot one indoors and missed the target and hit my backstop. The rifles sighted in so I guess it could be classed as a flyer? Perhaps just a crappy shot!   ;D

Anywho the pellet went in about 5mm and then shot  back and hit the rest I was shooting (luckily) from behind. It came back about 12 inches lower but very fast and hard. Luckily I had this giant thai pillow bed as a rest like sandbag. I froze and kacked myself as behind me is a fish tank with 1/2 ton of water in it!!! BIG lesson learnt!  :o I know - 'what was he thinking!!!' Not much it seems but I do have a very limited area to shoot. I have since changed rooms but now I have a glass wardrobe behind me! No other options currently, glass everywhere but at least the cupboard won't leak.  ???

I've never had a lead pellet return, only bbs previously. The zinc ones act like bbs. So just a warning to others really - zinc is a boomerang pellet!
Double-tap!

woody67

I was shooting at a lizard with my 2240 with a 14.65 inch barrel yesterday, and the Co2 had juust started to lose a little pressure---my shot hit just under the lizards belly right at the corner of the board he was sitting on. The pellet strike sent enough FPE's through the wood and into the lizard to kill it without even breaking it's skin. Kind of impressive, considering the lizard was only 2 inches long and wasn't damaged on the outside of it's body at all.

Anyway, the pellet didn't stick into the wood...maybe because the power started to drop or because it hit dead on the corner...but it bounced back and hit me in my face just under my eye in the cheekbone/orbital bone area.

And nope, I still wasn't wearing safety glasses. Maybe I should buy some.

gigx

Anyone remember the movie Christmas Story? You'll shoot your eye out!

I always use glasses when at the range. Had a 22 bounce back while shooting in a bowling pin league.
Caught it in the leg. Got lucky I guess.

Wonder why I don't wear them in my basement range?
Good thread. I will remember to use them next time. 
2240 (My daughter's actually)
2300T
MKI (The one that started it all)
S&W 78G (I know its not a Crosman but I like it)