Time to make my own parts!!!! update 3/8/11 Custom bolt handle

Started by Crosshairs, February 28, 2011, 11:01:56 PM

packrat

NICE !! I am happy for you!!! Wish I'd learned to operate stuff like that before I got this old....

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

quickster47 †

Quote from: packrat on March 01, 2011, 12:14:57 PM
NICE !! I am happy for you!!! Wish I'd learned to operate stuff like that before I got this old...

Dude, you can still learn!  I did and so far I still have all my fingers and other important pieces parts.  Go for it.  No excuse.  You have plenty of time to perfect your skill set.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

I agree with Carl. Im 57 and only used a lathe at work a short times,they only had it a year or so before i retired.But it was a fun tool. :-*
                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

magicniner

Quote from: packrat on March 01, 2011, 12:14:57 PM
NICE !! I am happy for you!!! Wish I'd learned to operate stuff like that before I got this old....

You don't have to be young to learn, just interested  ;)
Try it!
ATB,
Nick

NorthStaR

Cool, me like yes!  :-*

So whats on the agenda? What you gonna make (me)?  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Crosshairs

Thanks everyone,i was playing today trying different bits and stuff.I guess you figured out the rest of the order came.I just need to get all the controls down.i had an old brass drift pin i was turnng and faceing.just trying stuff.
                          Mike

the old guy

Well Mr. Mike looks like you've got yourself a heck of a friend magnet. You probably thought you had a lot of friends before, but I would guess you have a brand-new hundred or more new ones. Keep us updated on all the neat parts you'll be making.
Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

zenki213

Wowowow  :D Can't wait to see your first creation with that sweet thing

Crosshairs

millipede

how much was that thing? i went to home depot a couple months ago and asked if they had any a mini lathe and the girl didnt even know what a lathe was! they didnt carry them BTW. they had a mini drill press and other "mini" bench top tools but no lathe....

T191032

Give it its own good, sturdy bench, bolted down securely as suggested.  You won't regret doing so.   :-*  (From someone with literally no mechanical know-how, but knows those with it - Dad's automotive store used to have a Machine Shop when he was in business.  ;)

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

1377x

Quote from: millipede on March 02, 2011, 05:32:28 AM
how much was that thing? i went to home depot a couple months ago and asked if they had any a mini lathe and the girl didnt even know what a lathe was! they didnt carry them BTW. they had a mini drill press and other "mini" bench top tools but no lathe....
try harbor freight tools
i saw some good deals on craigslist also
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Habor Freight has them for 20% off it was 300.00 with the discount.I had to get the loot from the wife, i have to pay her back this time ;D
                             Mike

Crosshairs

First part in the works, no laughing !!  ;D

airguns100

try making a shroud mike. its easier. a bolt or something like that. the safety looks good so far.  ;D :-X

edit. make sure you wear safety stuff. you only get one trigger finger.  8)
The OG gangster of the "bling"