cobra venom 2240

Started by bdb12586, March 02, 2011, 11:57:26 PM

arkmaker †

Quote from: woody67 on March 16, 2011, 01:21:20 PM
Did anyone notice that their price is higher than the list price?

In that case I want the list price!

And on the topic of the Venom's price tag: If you look at it, the cost for this really isn't that awful high. When I think about all the money I sunk into my 1377 and now my 2240, well.......................... you end up paying for the barrel shroud and breech on this one. Will still neded to do something with the trigger and valve and the grips and a sight. So see? you end up doing all the mods, but now you have a repeater breech! I like it more everytime I look at it  :-*

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

woody67

Yeah, but there is someone on this forum who will machine a repeater breech for around $60 for you...(plus the cost of the clips).
That's better than 150 or 125...

Send a message to JUSTFORFUN... I'm sure he'll be happy to show you his design.

eric

Quote from: woody67 on March 16, 2011, 02:19:52 PM
Yeah, but there is someone on this forum who will machine a repeater breech for around $60 for you...(plus the cost of the clips).
That's better than 150 or 125...

Send a message to JUSTFORFUN... I'm sure he'll be happy to show you his design.
yeah, but he would be charging to little.if he made a few of them for folks i would put money down he would start charging more.
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

bdb12586

I would love one of those on my 2400 with a full shroud

quickster47 †

Cobra Airguns Venom 10 shot Breech Video

Remember it will be black and this is the test model see link below

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/cobra_venom_co2_Pistol_p/venom-2240.htm

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

lillysdad621

I am very close to the guys at cobra. Maybe i can actually answer some questions. The shrouds are baffled (they do contain baffles and are secured with a set screw. We have tried them on discos and such at very high power and they are set solidly so i would not worry. Most of the batch we had went to venom pistols and the disco owners that saw them in their developmental stage. There are several venom pistols out there... just i guess the guys are having too much fun to post a review. The tester at the shop shoots bat high 500s /low 600s with a cp 14.3 gr pellet. and that is giving a decent count on shots (25 or so per powerlet). They are very neighborhood friendly and truly look and feel well assembled. Almost like a dark cousin to crooked barn's Tom Cat. The breech ... well that is a whole different deal. it will go on either 22xx or a discovery, and Martin just finished torture testing the one on the video, before the video was shot. Lets say he shot about 4 hours non stop. change co2, reload clip. unload on target. The breech and the bolt worked flawlessly. i would recommend that if you have any questions or will like to know the statuts of your order, just call them. Saturday is a bad idea, as Martin is generally overrun with customers... but during the week starting at 10 am. you'll find him there in his Mad scientist lab...

quickster47 †

Thanks for that update on Cobra Venom Airguns.  Really do look forward to the breech becoming available so weins can get down to doing some serious testing ourselves.  And I did hear from David regarding my shroud and hopefully it will be arriving real soon now in the near distant future.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †