Cocking Handles For Crosmods 22XX Breech

Started by airgunenthusiast, March 03, 2011, 01:22:50 PM

airgunenthusiast

The RJ Machine cocking handle fits the RJ breech nicely but is a little undersized for the Crosmods breech.  The RJ cocking handle shaft diameter is .178" so I made a pair of replacement handles sized at .198".  Both new handles fit nicely & operate smoothly.  I think the handle with the large cocking knob matches the heft of the breech best but I like the look of the grooved handle as well.  I had originally planned to pin the knob to the shaft but that wasn't necessary since the parts friction fit together so snugly.  I'll probably make a few more handle styles and get started on a detachable front sight for the Marauder pistol.  Attached are some photos of the handle making process.

AE

quickster47 †

You're correct about that new knob matching the Crosmods breech much better.  Good job on that.  :-* :-* :-*

I now need to make one for my Crosmods breech.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Very nice work indeed.at least some knows what there doing with a lathe.  :-*
                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

tatsumi

Good that,i ike the mix of ally and brass. Bet it feels solid

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

arkmaker †

Take note of that die being held in the 3-jaw chuck. It was something I learned as an apprentice, but with the need for single point threading that I have been doing for years, I had forgotten that little trick! Works great too! Thanks for reminding me.
Rich
BTW: that is a sweet looking knob!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

eric

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses