Was I thinking?NO

Started by the old guy, March 03, 2011, 05:42:37 PM

the old guy

So I was a looking over the 357, and  what might be done to smooth it up a bit. So screwdriver in hand we started to take the side plate off, now the majority of you know what happened next, but being a little on the dumb side I started to pry it off. Wrong. I hope that I've collected all of the pieces that were once neatly arranged inside the frame. So for the other one or maybe two people who are dumb like yours truly never start to work without first removing the cartridge. This may come under the heading of a senior moment. Now we'll see if I can get all the pieces back in the place they belong.

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

woody67

That sucks!
I've almost started doing work without taking the Co2 out...it's a very simple mistake to make. You get so used to it just being there you forget to even think about taking it out.
Good luck finding your pieces!

bildio

Interesting, & thanks.  I surely would have done the wrong thing.

The Older, Old Guy
Bill

arkmaker †

Don't know what version you are working on, but maybe these pics can help you out.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

The important thing is your not hurt ! i did something like with a master cylender for a Harley just missed my eye.
                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

the old guy

Mr. Art maker thank you so much for those pictures. After trying to follow the diagram on reassembling this thing, I was seriously thinking of renting a seeing eye dog for help. So now you have become my favorite very best new friend, and even though it was a short trip I was at my wits end. Thought maybe I have to buy a new one to hide my mistake. So again thank you so much and I will let you know when I get her together. In the meantime let's just keep this between you and I. okay?

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

Darth

Even though I NEVER make those kind of mistakes ... I won't tell anyone !!

... now ... where did those ball bearings from my safety go ... I know there around here somewhere ... I thought they flew over ...

Darth
The Force Is With You Young Lead Slinger ... But You Are Not A Crosman Yet ...

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/index.php

arkmaker †

The top picture was one someone sent me when I was in the same position as you a few months ago. The bottom pic is my gun after I figured it out with the help of the first picture  ;D
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Any luck finding your parts ?
             Mike

the old guy

Hey Mike, as near as I can tell I found all the pieces, even two very small O-rings. Also found some other stuff under the bench that I didn't even know was missing. I had hoped that I might find two ball bearings and the two springs that I had lost earlier. Don't think I need to mention where they might have come from because it seems that everybody already knows.
Checked against the exploded diagram and I think I've got them all accounted for. Will start reassembling as soon as we can get these fingers to work a little better. Thanks for keeping an eye on me, Lord knows I can use all the help I can get.

Lee

Crosshairs

I do have a few extra parts let me know if you need anything if i have it its yours.
                           Mike