Made A Sight Riser For The Marauder Pistol

Started by airgunenthusiast, March 05, 2011, 11:57:18 AM

airgunenthusiast

In order to use open sights on the P-rod the 8 shot magazine must be removed because it's height blocks the line of sight to the target.  Without the magazine in place pellets would have to be loaded directly into the breech by hand.  I'd still like to use the magazine when shooting with target sights so I made a sight riser to elevate the sight's notch above the magazine.  I inserted a brass gibb into the dovetail channel to achieve a tight no fastener fit.  

I've also begun work on a front sight for the P-rod.  Everything will be adjusted to the gun once I get all the parts made.  Click the photo below to get the larger view at Image Shack.

quickster47 †

Good job there on the riser.  I might have to do something like that especially since I have an extra Williams sight hanging around in my spares box.  How much do you think the front sight will have to be raised.  The magazine seems to be quite tall on my Marauder Pistol.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Very nice clean work.Real good idea i wonder how many orders your gonna get.
                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

airgunenthusiast

Note: The rear sight riser is only needed for sights without elevation adjustment. The Crosman/Williams sight in this photo doesn't really need a riser since it has elevation adjustment.  I only used it to illustrate the use of a riser.  The P-rod magazine stands just shy of 1/2" above the top of the breech.  I'll make the front sight height adjustable to compensate for height differences between various rear sights.  Also, I'd like the front sight to accept a blade or a globe. 

I haven't really given any consideration to selling risers.  I think most people probably prefer to use a scope anyway.  I just like the challenge presented by shooting open sights every now and then.  With practice you would be amazed how accurate you can get even out to 30 yards unrested with a pistol.

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Nate

arkmaker †

Sweet dovetail work there!!!

Now if I could ony do my breedch dovetails correctly  ???

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22