Predator Polymag Pellets....irregular shape

Started by bryman021, March 09, 2011, 03:20:52 PM

bryman021

I received a tin of the polymags the other day, and when I opened the tin alot of the tails are bent/crushed.  Some are not too bad, but some of them are really disfigured.  My question is do you guys try to re-shape them?  I counted out 30 that i think are unusable.  Priced at 14.00 a tin of only 200, that is alot in my eyes.  >:(   I spent a little time trying to reshape some of them and got them to the point where I think they will work, but I wonder how accuracy will be affected?   ???

I always find some pellets in the tins(all brands) that are bent/crushed and usually just toss them in the garbage.  But with the price of the polymags I don't really wanna just start throwing them out.

I didn't get a chance to test any of the re-shaped ones last night, so I figured I'd ask here before I do anything.

Any ideas, or should I just toss em?

Crosshairs

You should take the whole tin back like you said for 14.00 bucks there should be some gold in the tin lol. dont try to straighten them its a waste of time.
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

You definitely need to return them because that just ain't right.  I've gone through about five tins and only had a handful with any type of skirt problem.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bryman021

yeah i guess I'll have to return them.  I knew something was wrong when i removed the tape holding the lid on.  as soon as I took the tape off the lid basically flew off, like there was a spring in there.  The tin seems to small, and the pellets had to be crushed for the lid to fit.  Maybe I should count the tin and see if for some reason there is more than 200.  If not, maybe they need to make the tin bigger.  I actually took a bunch out and put them in an empty tin so I could get the lid back on without damaging any more of them.  I have had one other tin of them and like Carl said, there were only a handful with any skirt issues.

Cross Pistol Packer

Was going to try a tin of those,think will give them a miss now. :(
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

NorthStaR

I bought a tin of the Predators - simply because they look like Satan's pellets!   ;)

On opening the tin after the tape comes off there should be a layer of foam to stop them
rattling about and denting/crushing each other and against the tin. Is there foam in your tin?

It is also possible that they have been damaged in transit to either you or the shop or
in the post depending how you purchased them. Or even a duff batch I suppose.
Or as you said just too many packed in - production error.

Mine are mint (honestly!), Cross Pistol Packer, I wouldn't let one persons bad experience
sway you just yet! (No offence bryman021!!!  :-*  )

Reforming them is pointless and you should exchange/return them if possible.

Cheers  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

eric

i have a tin of .20s that are fine .there's a guy, lone wolf, who makes a tool that will fix problem pellets like that
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Darth

I've bought several tins of them for my .177 ... they were all in good shape. I get mine from Pyramid Air ... they pack them in about 2 tons of foam.
The Force Is With You Young Lead Slinger ... But You Are Not A Crosman Yet ...

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/index.php

bryman021

Quote from: Cross Pistol Packer on March 09, 2011, 06:29:05 PM
Was going to try a tin of those,think will give them a miss now. :(

I took the damaged ones last night and bent them a bit(back into shape) and used them.  There were a total of 26 bent/damaged.  When I shot them, amazingly they shot perfect!!!  shooting from 20' on a bench rest I was able to get consistant groups of less than 3/4".  There were exactly 200 in the tin, and the rest are in perfect shape. 

So I would not let this little mishap stop anyone from buying these pellets!  They are a really great pellet and I must have just got a few bad ones.  But again they still performed very well and I am pleased with the outcome, and will definitely buy them again. 

Thanks for the help everyone, and keep shooting the polymags!!!!

timo83

I love these pellets great for pesting and small game.

I have yet to come across any irregular ones, but as they say in manufacturing there will be a 2% amount of bad product.

Tim