Zinc pellets

Started by mammocked, March 10, 2011, 11:58:57 PM

mammocked

Hi all. Has any body tried these in a 1377.
ThunderBolt Pellet ââ,¬â€œ Hunting Pellet .177 Calibre.
I would be interested in any feedback.

eric

can't say is if i heard of them .where are they from ?
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

mammocked

I have seen them on the Solware web site. I get
my rabbit stoppers from them.
The pellets full branding is,Prometheus Thunder Bolt Pellets

ChokingVictim

"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

quickster47 †

I have three containers of .22 and three of .177.  Advertisements say they are made for springers but they work okay in my pumpers, CO2, and PCP guns.

And trust me, they are fast.

Carl

22 Prometheus ThUnder BOLT Pellets

These pellets are receiving rave reviews from everyone who uses them!
They are made from Zinc so are lighter than the average design .22 pellet so fly faster (735fps from a legal limit rifle) and thanks to a clever bit of design don't lose energy as quick as another pellet of the same weight would so retain much more of their penetrative power.  Due to this they have a trajectory more akin to the better .177 pellets, deeper penetration, non-toxic, more consistent manufacturing and will even clean your rifle bore as you use them!  All in all a perfect pellet for hunting!

Although it's described as an air 'pellet' technically it doesn't do it justice because it's more of an air bullet.  Thanks to its unorthodox shape, unique skirt design and hi tech base material, this latest Prometheus shoots at extremely high velocities and is likely to change the way shooters view normal lead pellets in the future.

The main material which is used in these's pellets is Zinc plus Stannum (tin) which makes them a very hard hitting pellet indeed.

Because the material is made of zinc it makes them significantly lighter than lead which accounts for the pellets high velocity performance over lead.  In a 22 legal limit air rifle doing up to 735 fps, and in 177 doing up to 1,039 legal limit rifle which is super fast!!

Usually, lighter pellets lose their momentum in flight very quickly, but thanks to the ballistically superior design of the Thunderbolt, it retains its residual down-range energy much more efficiently, maintaining nigh on the same kinetic levels as its heavier lead pellets at normal airgun distances.

Coupled with its hyper-fast starting velocity, it both impacts the target with maximum strike force and then penetrates much more deeply, making it ideal for pest control-where Prometheus sees the main market.

But there are other benefits; not least is the super-flat trajectory that results in both calibers.  In 22 the trajectory is very similar to a heavy weight 177 lead pellet.  This may lead to many people answering the final question of the best caliber for hunting to be finally answered.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Where do you get them in the US?
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

I had to order mine from the UK.  Could not find them Stateside.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Cross Pistol Packer

Had a sample pack of these (20 pellets) worked well in my 2260.
Ray.
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

mammocked

Thanks for the good reports. I have some
on the way. I will post what I think of them.

quickster47 †

Quote from: mammocked on March 11, 2011, 10:54:30 PM
Thanks for the good reports. I have some
on the way. I will post what I think of them.

Where did you find your pellets so others might benefit?

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

bdb12586

would like to see a pic. from what i under stand they don't look like a regular pellet

mammocked

quickster47 †

You can get an idea from this shot.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

NorthStaR

Hmmm, I may have to give these a try. I've been wondering about them for a while.

http://www.airgunpellets.com/

have a look at the concept page. You can get them on Fleabay too.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

62Falcon

HOw is the accuracy? Most light pellets are poor in that regard from the reviews I've read of other non-lead lightweight pellets.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS