Crosman Bolt side question.

Started by Darth, March 11, 2011, 04:40:29 PM

packrat

After having had a couple of Crooked Barn Ultimate breeches, I've wondered why all the other aftermarket guys don't make them reversible...makes perfect sense to me (naturally :) ) Makers would use less material to make same number of breeches, and would be offering customers a more versatile product..... and customers could then change bolt from one side to other with no problem.  but hey! what the "L' do I know ??? ??? ???

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

NorthStaR

Wouldn't they use the same amount of material and just have more waste leftover?  ???
As in less metal left on breech but more drilled/bored/cut away?

Or do you mean one you can rotate 180 degrees? (although I'm not sure how that would work!)  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

eric

Quote from: NorthStaR on March 21, 2011, 05:54:30 PM
Wouldn't they use the same amount of material and just have more waste leftover?  ???
As in less metal left on breech but more drilled/bored/cut away?

Or do you mean one you can rotate 180 degrees? (although I'm not sure how that would work!)  :-*
yepper but it would be lighter .i for one would either like to have a right OR left hand breech but woul prefer a lefty if given a choice .now if if produced something that works really,really well i might have a different take on this but until then  ..............................
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Darth

Quote from: Tommie D on March 21, 2011, 07:45:18 AM
You mean like this?
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=3111.0

NO !!! That one is a mechanical marvel and would cost a fortune to manufacture ... and to buy. Mine has only two (really one) moving parts.

This all started out because I thought it would be great to have a "second shot" quickly while hunting.

I'm just wondering if I should make a bunch of these things or just one for me.

I have an "operational test unit" I made. It feeds round nose (domed) pellets great. I need to work on the wad cutters yet. It feeds them, but not reliably. All you do it drop the pellets in a tube ... and thats it.

I know I'm not giving a lot of (none really) detail here, but I will say this ... it's gravity operated, meaning you must point it down towards the ground when cocking the gun for it to operate. This thing is so simple ... but it took me about 2 weeks to come up with it. I started out with a "mechanical marvel" also ... but who can afford that ??

The reason I've been asking about the breech side is because I'm sure the majority of everyone has the "right side breech" and was wondering how you right handed guys handled them. For me, (lefty) the breech is completely natural.

Darth

The Force Is With You Young Lead Slinger ... But You Are Not A Crosman Yet ...

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/index.php

eric

here is something to whet your whistle ---- these haven't been produced for years and very hard to find  http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/message/1176077810/Pics+of+the+Boss+repeater+breech+are+up

arkmaker †

Quote from: eric on March 21, 2011, 11:48:46 PM
here is something to whet your whistle ---- these haven't been produced for years and very hard to find  http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/message/1176077810/Pics+of+the+Boss+repeater+breech+are+up

Why did they stop making it? Was there a sticking issue? Could have been very pellet fussy as I have heard tube feeders sometimes are.
???
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

eric

i haven't heard why they stopped making it. maybe just a limited production run ??? . i have heard it was/is pellet particular though .not many folks talk about them .think it had an issue of loading the pellet but that was overcome with a little help from gravity .you might be able to dig up so more by "searching" the green.