Crosman Underlever - Facebook Q

Started by T191032, March 29, 2011, 12:12:59 AM

arkmaker †

A well built underlever from Crosman would be nice, but what I hate and I mean really hate is that they have been cutting down the Co2 guns. They have 27 Springers now and only 6 Co2's (talking rifles). They just trashed the 2250XT and hey, all you guys love that gun! What the heck? If Crosman is listening to the forums, they decided to ignore me  ??? What's next? Nix the 2240?

Seems all they have is springers anymore! I'm not a springer person. I may own one some day if I was to find it on the side of the road, but once your full of gas.....always full of gas!

Although, I am ventureing closer to the DARK SIDE! It's still air...no stinking springs! But then again, I may just end up with the 850. AirSource and a repeater to boot. Hailed as the fastest Co2 rifle made......now why isn't Crosman looking to take that position over? Huh? Why not?
   Oh yeah, this was about springers.....a competetive underlever would be nice, why not make it 28 guns I'll never buy.

Wah Wah Wah....Sorry for the rant, but geezz I feel better (and it is the way I feel)  ;D ;D
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

NorthStaR

Quote from: arkmaker on March 30, 2011, 02:26:14 AM
They just trashed the 2250XT and hey, all you guys love that gun! What the heck? ......  ??? What's next? Nix the 2240?
Rich

Hmmmm..... the 2240 is another one I've seen over here running under the webley brand along with the 2250b and 2250xt.
If Crosman do drop the pistol, can you imagine the drop in sales? Do they realise people make parts for these and they would
be squashing the little guy who essentially supports this brand with a would-be cult following?

Crosman, by all means produce a springer - but please don't drop the classics!

Do you think this is about the "Global credit Crunch" and they think people don't want to buy gas - in the same way powder burners
have taken up airguning for cost reasons?

To go from CO2 to a springer seems a bit of a regression - seems to be other companies have gone from Springers to Co2 to
pcp hpa and so on - whats the point, unless they make something amazing - which is unlikely in a budget format! (Surprise me please!)

==============

But one feature I would like to see on an airgun would be a digi display on the side - a built in chrony.
Something compact like a "Combro cb-625" in essence.
They could hide the sensors in a shroud and digi display it on the side of the foregrip/body.
More so if the gun has a power adjuster.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

bdb12586

A well built underlever from Crosman would be nice, but what I hate and I mean really hate is that they have been cutting down the Co2 guns. They have 27 Springers now and only 6 Co2's (talking rifles). They just trashed the 2250XT and hey, all you guys love that gun! What the heck? If Crosman is listening to the forums, they decided to ignore me  ??? What's next? Nix the 2240?

Seems all they have is springers anymore! I'm not a springer person. I may own one some day if I was to find it on the side of the road, but once your full of gas.....always full of gas!

Although, I am ventureing closer to the DARK SIDE! It's still air...no stinking springs! But then again, I may just end up with the 850. AirSource and a repeater to boot. Hailed as the fastest Co2 rifle made......now why isn't Crosman looking to take that position over? Huh? Why not?
   Oh yeah, this was about springers.....a competetive underlever would be nice, why not make it 28 guns I'll never buy.

Wah Wah Wah....Sorry for the rant, but geezz I feel better (and it is the way I feel)  ;D ;D
Rich
rich on top of that almost all the co2 pistols are bb not pellet, if you group the 23/2400 that only leaves three models. the 23/2400, t4 and 357 I believe

arkmaker †

The 1088 (if they are still making it) and then they said they were comming out with a new one called the C51.

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bdb12586

your right the 1088 is both, c51 haven't seen it yet but if anything like the c-11-c41 then personally I not interested.

eric

"be would cult following" think it's past that  :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

eric

T191032

Quote from: packrat on March 29, 2011, 11:00:29 PM
Crosman has that same question posted on several airgun forums as well!!! I guess they REALLY do care :-* :-*

Haven't been following many forums, other than RimfireCentral, of late.  What little I said, I did say "American-made" with "American-parts".
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

NorthStaR

Quote from: eric on March 31, 2011, 04:45:35 PM
northstar ----- http://www.daystate.com/air_wolf.htm   ;)

Yeah seen them in a local shop. Doesn't really work for me, looks like someone tripped over and got a drinks bottle stuck on the end of it.
But I hear good things about them and their pricey!  ;)

"be would cult following" think it's past that  :)

Too true, its now a religion!
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

arkmaker †

OK, feeling a bit more objective today... an underlever would be nice from Crosman as they only have break barrels right now. Upon some thinking, I might not be on as firm a stance from ownership if it were to be a side or under lever rifle coupled with the Nitro Piston. Someting that looks like the Titan with a nice sleek thumnhole wood stock.

Let me try to explain yesterdays rant; I just can't wrap my mind around useing the barrel of a gun to cock it. Man....it goes against everything I have ever learned. My Dad would not even let me lean the rifles up against the corner of the walls. Sheezz, it would plum kill him to see someone grab the end of a barrel and snap it down!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I am my Dad in more ways than one.

Rich

NorthStaR

northstar ----- http://www.daystate.com/air_wolf.htm   ;)
I didn't have time to read it earlier (@work) and completely missed the point of your link.
I just saw the picture and wondered why you'd posted the link!  :-[

It has a built in chrony!   :D

Thanks Eric!  ;) Thats what I'd like to see even if its an optional extra.

The nitro piston sounds interesting - never tried one myself.
Funny, all the reviews ask why its not available in (for the crosman) .20
Seems theres alot of people wanting more from this caliber as a happy half way between the other two.
- the best of both worlds so this would be worth crosman noticing and producing a new line of ammo to boot.
Double-tap!

Darth

Although, I am ventureing closer to the DARK SIDE!
Rich

I's not so bad over here. And besides ... there is still good in you, I know this to be true.

Darth
The Force Is With You Young Lead Slinger ... But You Are Not A Crosman Yet ...

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/index.php

eric

there is arguments on both sides ---- not enough pellets choices in .20 (atleast 14 state side when all you need is 3 good choices),weight per pellet = fps/fpe,efficiency verses the .177 or more so the .22.say for light weight pesting and paper work if you don't need high fps/fpe shots.it's  happy medium. it's more like punk,hardcore or OI! than the mainstream top 40 .it's good but people don't understand it . that's my take on it :)
Quote from: NorthStaR on March 31, 2011, 08:29:17 PM
I didn't have time to read it earlier (@work) and completely missed the point of your link.
I just saw the picture and wondered why you'd posted the link!  :-[

It has a built in chrony!   :D

Thanks Eric!  ;) Thats what I'd like to see even if its an optional extra.

The nitro piston sounds interesting - never tried one myself.
Funny, all the reviews ask why its not available in (for the crosman) .20
Seems theres alot of people wanting more from this caliber as a happy half way between the other two.
- the best of both worlds so this would be worth crosman noticing and producing a new line of ammo to boot.

eric

the nitro pistons are pretty nice, had chance to shoot one last summer .i can see one in my future, maybe by then crosman will produce one in .20  :-\ :) 

NorthStaR

Somone should paste a link on the facebook page so they get all this disucssion.

I'd do it but I'm in a minority of people that doesn't have a facebook account. I just don't dig it!  ???

(except this once  :-[ )
Double-tap!