accuracy and the prod

Started by woody67, April 07, 2011, 11:53:45 PM

woody67

Would it be fair to say that the marauder pistol is as accurate as the Crosman  line? I mean is it accurate to the point that if its positioned in a secured way, will it put pellet on top of pellet every shot? My as2250xt and 2240 both do that without fail, I'm hoping the mpistol is the same...

Thoughts?

quickster47 †

Okay, if we are talking apples to apples then straight out of the box, the Marauder pistol is better than either the AS2250 or the 2240.  Out of the box neither of those two guns will NOT have the accuracy of the Marauder pistol and are much, much louder.  They both need lots of trigger work before they can even get close to having the trigger of the Marauder pistol.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

woody67

Well, I meant after modifying them. I didn't consider a Crosman 'out of the box' cause none of mine ever stay that way... I never even shot my as2250 with its original barrel or transfer port...and my 2240 is now a fully modified carbine...I should have been specific.

My interest is fading in the p rod though, as I can always get a repeating breech built for my as2250. I think the repeating feature is what interests me the most to be honest.  The Condor has me a little interested. Although not a Crosman, it delivers a funky butt-load of power (adjustable) with zero recoil and barely a sound...with precision accuracy. That sounds like fun to me...

1377x

i was interested in the p-rod until i heard of the airforce talon 50fpe pistol that may be coming to a dealer near you,as far as i know its still uncertain when that will be
i can tell you this
this guy came into the airgun shop complaining his p-rod was inaccurate
the air gunsmith took the gun made sure the rings were tight and the scope was on
he then set a target out to 30 yds and put 10 pellets through the same hole,gave the gun back to the customer.
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Quote from: 1377x on April 08, 2011, 03:36:33 AM
i was interested in the p-rod until i heard of the airforce talon 50fpe pistol that may be coming to a dealer near you,as far as i know its still uncertain when that will be
i can tell you this
this guy came into the airgun shop complaining his p-rod was inaccurate
the air gunsmith took the gun made sure the rings were tight and the scope was on
he then set a target out to 30 yds and put 10 pellets through the same hole,gave the gun back to the customer.
X1  My friend was over last week i let him shoot my prod,after 4 mags he said i cant hit chit with that thing.I took it from him  droped a full mag in and shot all 8 pellets it a dime size hole. I did not forget you Woody i will get that Vid out for you.
                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

the p-rod is accurate.seeing that target almost made me take the plunge
now only if the shooters were :P
my aunt has a prairie dog town on her property so im looking for something with a longer reach @100 yds they are skittish
closed mouths dont get fed

philbert

love my p-rod without doubt the most accurate sweet handling gun i have owned (and ive owned a few)

packrat

Reports on the "yellow forum" are still showing post from guys that get Prods that are so inaccurate they are sending them back...seems like factory is immediately exchanging products and customers are treated very ,very well..BUT, appears that the chances of getting a "lemon" are still fairly high...Also, from what I read, the guys that get a "good" one are just as happy as they can be and really like the gun...situation seems to be getting better...

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

woody67

That's funny...the Benjamin NP XL's were the same way... I went through 3 of them before I was happy with my 4th!

I still want the P-rod (I hate the name for it though)...AND the Condor, although I was incorrect in thinking it was nearly silent. In fact, it's rated a 5-High in volume.  Nothing a call to TKO or an Email to AC Custom Parts couldn't take care of in a simple transaction though......

Maybe if I just buy those 2 more I'll be finished adding to my collection. What do you think? Hahahahahahaha......

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

philbert

Nice
i hope someone someday starts making wooden stocks for the p-rod