Cobra Repeater Breech Review

Started by quickster47 †, April 08, 2011, 11:49:15 PM

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on April 09, 2011, 08:11:32 AM
do big pellets work with the magazines?

I loaded up Kodiaks and Predators and had no problems with the magazine indexing or jamming on those two very different pellet types.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

quickster47 †

One other point I forgot to make about the Cobra repeating breech is to make sure you always have a powerlet installed with enough CO2 in it to get you through a magazine.  Reason being, with the magazine installed you CANNOT change powerlets in the middle of a shooting session because you have no way of cocking the gun without loading a pellet to pierce the cartridge.

It happened to me once and I had to disassemble the gun, or at least remove the barrel after shoving four pellets in it so I could finally remove the magazine, to fix everything.

What I ended up doing was installing a ProTop valve top on my valve.  Using the ProTop you pierce the powerlet by tightening the end cap, just like some of the older Crosman guns used to do.  The ProTop fixed all my problems.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

bdb12586

so you must empty the magazine before you can remove from gun, in other words a half full mag will not come out?

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on April 09, 2011, 01:31:08 PM
I loaded up Kodiaks and Predators and had no problems with the magazine indexing or jamming on those two very different pellet types.

Carl

thats one of my concerns with these breeches that use magazines big pellets having a problem
now my next problem is which manufacturer do i want to use for a repeating breech
seems like everyone is getting on the band wagon
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: bdb12586 on April 09, 2011, 03:04:57 PM
so you must empty the magazine before you can remove from gun, in other words a half full mag will not come out?

There may be some trick I don't know about but for what I do know, other than an empty magazine it will not come out.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

zoned

Excellent review so far Carl. Nice pictures too!

Thanks for keeping us informed and up to date on this great new product. I look forward to reading more about it.

bdb12586

did they up they price? it's 155.99 on there site and I thought it was listed as 125 before

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on April 09, 2011, 03:29:13 AM
Rich, the 5" barrel in one of the pictures did not make it into the final gun build.  I used a 10.1" barrel for the build and with the 10" shroud it is just right.  Some room left in the shroud for further sound treatment.

Carl

The shroud is shorter then the barrel ?
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Joshua A

Before I didnt like the look of that breech because i thought it looked too high for the 2240, and gave a top-heavy and unbalanced look, but carl, yours looks good. i think that with a shroud and a bluefork gripframe that it looks pretty sweet. thanks for the excellent review Carl. ill have to keep those in consideration for an upcoming build.

Joshua A.

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 11, 2011, 02:28:35 AM
The shroud is shorter then the barrel ?

Nope, the shroud is 10" and the barrel is 10.1" but the barrel sets into the breech a couple inches.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Crosshairs

Ah Ha i see said the blind man ! :-*

DaveCAG

Quote from: bdb12586 on April 09, 2011, 03:04:57 PM

When it comes to changing the mag when you are running out of CO2

Pull back on the bolt handle remove the mag take a clearing shot to make sure there is
no pellet in the barrel

Change the CO2 Take a couple primmer shots to bring up power then pull back on the
bolt handle reinstall the mag

And it will not jam

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on April 09, 2011, 02:23:51 AM
Have not finished working with the shroud just yet but I will say right now it is NOT mouse fart quiet.

Carl                                    Must be all the baffels you where talking about  ;D  I think i would just buy the already built gun for another 60.00 bucks
                                        sounds like your haveing alot of problems with that breech
                                                           Mike