Crosman 2240 breech sold by crosman

Started by rittah, April 17, 2011, 11:58:03 PM

rittah

Hi again, ok, I ordered the crosman breech and had to ditch the brass one by gmac. The cost was the concern when you convert us to gb it was too much for me. Can the original site on the plastic breech fit on the new steel breech until I can replace that?

quickster47 †

Nope, it won't fit.  For some reason Crosman made their steel breech to accommodate the LPA sight but not their own cheap plastic sight.  Go figure.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

rittah

Ok, really silly question here. I am totally a green horn. I see a LPA sight on the crosman page, it is 39.99. Is that the only sight I can get after I install that breech unless I go scope? Also, will I be able to use the 12" barrel with the plastic breech until I get the different sight or scope?

quickster47 †

Yes you can use a 12" barrel with the plastic breech. Just make sure everything is nice and tight.

You can use the Williams peep sight or a Williams notch sight with the new breech or you can install a red dot sight.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

rittah

Thank you Carl for your help with this.

oletom

probably good idea to use the barrel band with the plastic breech

rittah

Hey all, will this fit my 2240 with the steel crosman breech? and do I need any thing else or will this go right on
http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Green-Sight-Weaver-Covers/dp/B003A5MMNK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1303670623&sr=1-2;

Is the crosman steel breech 3/8? How do I measure that.

I am not looking to spend a lot but I need a little better then normal sights. any cheaper ideas let me know as well. All suggestions welcomed and I will check each one out. I just am too new to this to know if I am getting the right parts.

Signed Learning fast. lol

happy easter all

quickster47 †

The Crosman steel breech is a 3/8" or 11mm dovetail.  The sight you've picked out is made for a Weaver mount but will fit on the Crosman breech with an adapter.  Search for Weaver to dovetail adapter.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

1377x

if its a red dot you want check out
www.hawkeoptics.com
http://www.hawkeoptics.com/us/red_dot/reddot.php
they have them with dovetail or weaver (you will need an adapter)
closed mouths dont get fed

oletom

I  bought the UTG adapter from PA $9.95,  works real well... :-*