A long, thin package came in the mail today

Started by woody67, April 18, 2011, 11:27:06 PM

woody67

I just got a shroud from AC Custom Parts...     Alejandro does really nice work, and he does it quickly!!

It's 15 inches and matte black - it's for my as2250, 6 inches on the barrel, 9 off.
I haven't gotten my 9oz tanks yet, so It's not complete --that's why no pictures yet. I should have them up tomorrow.

Anyway, the gun is LOONGG, but it's nice. It's exactly what I was going for---far from the carbine it started life as.
I think the next addition is my green laser/flashlight setup mounted on the scope...

ChokingVictim

"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

NorthStaR

Woody, I just don't understand without pictures!  ;D
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

woody67

Ok, I'm going to put a picture up now, as it is.....

but keep in mind that it's not complete - it has pistol grips on it, and a 12 oz tank --it's going to have the extended stock on it with a black 9 oz tank..

pic will be up in a few minutes. I have to take it, upload it, resize it, then post it...

woody67

Here it is for today....won't be long until she's done!

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

bdb12586

I wonder if you vcan get a butt pad that attaches to that tank like the paintball guns.

woody67

I can, but I like the stock look. I might keep the 12 oz tank around. I sort of got used to shooting with it the last few days.  I went through over 500 pellets, and it's still shooting strong. I'm impressed with the 12 ouncer..

bdb12586

I think it looks pretty good on there, not to big.

woody67

No, not too big at all. It actually makes me feel like the 9ers are too small.
It's just that I can't fit the extended stock on without cutting the entire top off...I might end up doing that, but I'll experiment with cutting enough off for the 9s and seeing how that works for me....

arkmaker †

It does look nice...and long. Have you measured it? I would be interested in knowing the overall length and the length of pull. And I think the 12oz looks fine.

When I had the hose going to the tank block and the 9oz attached I was trying to figure out just where to attach the tank. I would need to either hang it from the bottom of the stock or cut the stock and try to attach inside. I ended up with the AirSource setup up front.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

woody67

I like the airsource setup in front on yours. I actually considered that for my 2240 carbine.  This is the AS2250XT though, so the air hookup is on the back---it's part of the package..The stock comes trimmed down to fit the AirSource canister, and just needs a little bit more to hold the 9 oz.

It's just as long as my NP XL... 48.25 inches.   Do you mean length of trigger pull? It's very minimal. I find that if you take the spring out of the handle and squeeze it down a bunch, then stretch it back so it's just long enough to fit back in, you end up with a much smoother, softer trigger 'squeeze.' I say squeeze because none of mine really have much pull, just a gentle squeeze with a little pressure, and the pellets already in the target.  I also eliminate any bounce or feel, grind, touchy trigger pull spots, etc ENTIRELY by taking the foam piece out of a pellet tin, folding it up into quarters or eighths, and I wrap it around the spring then secure the grips or stock back in place.

So, the trigger pull is minimal...precise, quick, soft squeeze....it's beautiful

NorthStaR

Quote from: woody67 on April 20, 2011, 01:48:38 AM
So, the trigger pull is minimal...precise, quick, soft squeeze....it's beautiful

Woody, woody, woody..... squeeze a trigger? PULL!  ;D Just kiddin'.....
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

woody67

Squeezing a trigger is what you do when shooting bullseye type fine accuracy effort precision shooting, with a handgun or rifle.

Most often this is appropriate for and what is taught to newbie gun trainees as well as to fine accuracy shooters and to instructors as by instructors when discussing how to train new shooters and/or precision shooting.

Pressing the trigger is what you do toward combat handgun and rifle shooting, as at close to intermediate distances.

Pressing the trigger does not work well for bullseye and other fine accuracy shooting nor does it help new shooters best develop good fine motor control of their finger by their brain.

Pulling the trigger is what is done on shotguns when firing shot.

There is no trigger squeeze nor press as related to the projectile itself being shot. Even as the shotgun might be highly choked (full or extra full), which is purposed to extend range of the projectiles fired, and result in a tight pattern at distance.