mellonair power adjuster thoughts

Started by tatsumi, May 01, 2011, 03:08:20 PM

tatsumi

Been looking at the mellonair site for parts for my 2240 build and I realy like his power adjuster, compact design by the looks of it. Has anyone got one and any thoughts on it?
Also will his ss bolt and probe fit the cb breech well?

Many thanks,
Ian

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

slothart

I can only comment on the power adjuster.  I've installed one on my 1377 project.  It works well and I like the clean profile it provides.  The slotted screw head also provides a convenient visual cue for where you have the power set.  On mine, having the slot straight up down with 3 threads visible means 12 pumps.

The only issue I ran into was with crosman's rear screw being too long and interfering with the ability to adjust the power adjuster... I had to file the screw down a hair to get everything to fit properly.
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

tatsumi

Yeh the profile is what caught my eye too. No bother in the screw issue for me realy and thank you for Your advice :)

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

oletom

Quote from: tatsumi on May 01, 2011, 03:08:20 PM
Been looking at the mellonair site for parts for my 2240 build and I realy like his power adjuster, compact design by the looks of it. Has anyone got one and any thoughts on it?
Also will his ss bolt and probe fit the cb breech well?

Many thanks,I have the mellon flo-thru bolt and it is excellent quality and goood fit for the crosman steel breech
Ian

T191032

I selected his power adjuster for both my "1740 Target" and 2400 .177 Custom Shops.  Next step is to learn how to balance the power, but for now its back to running the stock hammer spring (until I can better trim the aftermarket spring I had in it).

They do allow you to completely remove the adjuster and replace the spring without dismantling the gun.  Though I can tell you if you stick a slightly oversized aftermarket spring in it (did it  :-[) give it a firm tug and get it out - I was concerned it had gotten stuck on something inside other than the hammer's cavity. (Remember : ME + Tools = TROUBLE) 
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.