007? Where are you?

Started by Sardine, May 17, 2011, 02:54:27 AM

Sardine

I've just always wondered why people don't say where they a located? For example I would at least say I'm in California, Monterey Caifornia. USA zip code 93940. Why don't people at least give a general location, like for another example, on the shores or lake titty caca. I wouldn't be happy with that either except that I love it if you are going to do that. I think I wouldn't let anyone post here if they didn't say where they were generally. So, lets see why you don't put your general location on here? I'm sure you can't all be that important that you need to hide so much? Or maybe not? What do I know? Please enlighten me. Regards from California, Marina, actually, 93933 zip code. But you didn't hear that from me.

mr007s

I am where the pavement ends in the beautiful foothills of North Carolina. One hour from Asheville to the West and one hour from Charlotte to the East.
That should narrow it down. :)

r8j1

I just figured Ft Stewart GA covered it.......

aka_hank

When I first joined I just filled out some of the stuff and then forgot all about it, I'm not sure if its a conscious thing for most people to leave out or not, I would be more then happy to let anyone on here know where I was if they cared at all, maybe I'll go back and take a look if its that big a deal.

i didn't mean for that last bit to sound as sarcastic as it did, sorry ???

packrat

General location is handy in several different ways....zip code is handy for figuring out shipping costs if you're buying/selling...Also, if you're having trouble with a gun, if location is known, it just might be that someone lives close enough to come over and help fix it, or you take it to them, or go over to use their chrony...OR just get together and "talk airguns" and stuff :-* :-* :-*
It's just easier when that type of info is already posted in folks' profiles.....

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

Sardine

Ahh. I was just thinking of a general location, like the state. I don't really care about a specific location. I just like to know generally where people are operating from. I just always ask questions and want to know useless info.
Regards, sardine

cpu77