And so it begins (The Disco Project) **NEW PICS**

Started by ChokingVictim, June 23, 2011, 11:41:19 PM

quickster47 †

This is a quote from the Discovery owner's manual:

• Pressurize the airgun by pumping and continue until the gauge on the pump and the gauge on the airgun are at 2,000 psi.

DO NOT fill the airgun to more than 2000 psi. See “Overfill” information below.
• Open the bleed screw on the pump base in a counter-clockwise direction to bleed the hose.
• Disconnect the pump from the fill nipple.
• Place the cap over the fill nipple. Always keep the fill nipple capped to eliminate the possibility of dirt entering the check valve.

Over Fill
• This airgun is designed for optimal performance at a pressure no greater than 2,000 psi. Over filling does not improve performance. It will actually lessen performance and may cause the valve to lock. If you discover that the airgun has been over filled, try to dry fire the airgun (cock and shoot with no pellet loaded) in a SAFE DIRECTION until pressure on your airgun
drops to 2,000 psi.
• If the airgun will not discharge air with each shot the valve may be locked. In this case, contact Crosman
Customer Service at 1-800-724-7486.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ChokingVictim

Roger that Carl. 2000psi will work just fine. I think it has to do with the hammer spring not being strong enough to pop the valve. I had to use a heavier one even with the power adjuster to get it to pop at 2000psi.
As far as the shoebox compressor. There was still and extensive waiting list last time I looked into it. I know they are awesome But ouch $550

-Tom
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

ChokingVictim

ChokingVictim

Numbers are in

At 2000psi with CPHP 14.3 I am getting 832 fps

slothart

Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

slider

1377x

i used to fill my disco to 2400psi never a problem.
got lucky when i first fill it the gauge was broke and filled from a 5000psi source.the gun was filled to @4700psi ,im glad it didnt explode
closed mouths dont get fed

NorthStaR

That is looking like one fine shooter.  8)

Funny we both went down the tacti-cool route independently!  :P (Regarding the Quick Shot breeches and magpul styled stocks)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....