Which type bolt do you guys prefer, extended probe or flow through?

Started by L.O. Little, June 28, 2011, 02:27:29 AM

quickster47 †

Quote from: breakfastchef on August 07, 2011, 01:34:10 AM
I recently recieved a Crosman breech and am pretty sure it does not come with and extended bolt. That said, I have no problems with ths supplied bolt, but do have a problem loading a pellet. Is it normal to have this prollem with a Crosman steel breech

Old or new style breech? Meaning is your breech screw in the front or back?  That will definitely make a difference.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

Quote from: quickster47 on August 07, 2011, 01:57:34 AM
Old or new style breech? Meaning is your breech screw in the front or back?  That will definitely make a difference.

Carl
[/quote

Carl: I have the old breech screw location. This is the screw directly beneath the opening of the barrel. It is a pain to load a pellet as it tumbles in the void above the breech screw and takes a bit of fiddling to get it in right, particularly if you have a scope or red dot mounted. That said, the Crosman breech seems a bit rough around the edges, too.
Larry

quickster47 †

Lots of us had the same problem.  Best solution we've found is to fill the hole with a few drops of melted crayon, candle wax, or a drop or two from a hot glue gun.

If you need access to the screw the stuff is easy to get out.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

Carl: Great fixes for this annoying problem. Fill the hole and things are just dandy. Doing this tomorrow. Thanks.
Larry

L.O. Little

The results of my little test are in. I replaced the extended probe bolts in both of my 13xx guns with Charlie's flow through bolts. My fliers decreased significantly, from about 30% to maybe 10%.
Lynn