custom 1322 fps?

Started by Joshua A, July 13, 2011, 03:08:20 AM

Joshua A

Has anyone been able to achieve over 700 fps in .22 with a modified 1322? if so please post it. I'm grabbing a chrony soon. i cant wait to see what my 1322 is putting out.

How high numbers have you gotten with your 1322's? list shot strings with numbers with numbers of pumps, if any of you guys have them.

Just curious.
J.Austin

1377x

not exactly a 1322 but a 1377 conversion using a 24" .22 barrel
at 15 pumps i was up to 640fps using cphp and could easily dump 20 just didnt chrony the shots
i have a phase 2 1377 rear cocker converted to .22 using a 14" barrel,that i would mega pump.
it was pushing kodiaks 21gr pellets at 660fps
in my opinion 700fps is achievable
now i have my LS13XX that pushes chph at 730 fps 10 pumps it's so hard to pump i broke pump lever.
closed mouths dont get fed

Madkoifish

1377 what things had you done to the guns? I know you dabbled in longer tubes and the pumper off the rifle.
Ah here they are
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj7YK-Jvb2w#normal]Custom 1377 Chrony Test 790 fps[/url]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrmEXw1mA4c#normal]1377 Proof of Chrony test numbers[/url]

Wallyworld stopped carrying the things just as I was going to get one. Which model are you looking at? I have to review them every time cause I keep forgetting which has what feature.

1377x

Quote from: Madkoifish on July 13, 2011, 06:34:28 AM
1377 what things had you done to the guns? I know you dabbled in longer tubes and the pumper off the rifle.
Ah here they are
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj7YK-Jvb2w#normal]Custom 1377 Chrony Test 790 fps[/url]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrmEXw1mA4c#normal]1377 Proof of Chrony test numbers[/url]

Wallyworld stopped carrying the things just as I was going to get one. Which model are you looking at? I have to review them every time cause I keep forgetting which has what feature.
the guns in the links belong to crosshairs
i dont want to hijack here so ill try finding the info ,most of it 's here on the forum,needed and pm you

NorthStaR

I've gotta a converted 1377 to 1322 with a 20" barrel. I've been meaning to chrony it so I'll have a go this week.

Everything's stock apart from the metal breech, .22 probe and a longer barrel and band... :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

ayerstg

IIRC, Medic's 24" is hovering almost right at 700 fps with CPHP and might be able to just nudge over with some additional valve tweaks.  Not sure if he's going to go for a fewer-pumps-reduced-volume or more-pumps-increased-volume...

Tom
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

NorthStaR

Evening all, I did a chrony test on my 1322 (1377 convert) with a 20". No mods other than a shortened hammer spring
to allow for the modded rear cap - not a power mod, it's to fit my folding stock. The screw in said cap has reduced the area available
for the spring - the hammer wouldn't lock back!!! Does that make it weaker in theory?  :o Bascily stock as far as the rest goes...

14.3GRN DIABOLO WASPS .22

10 full relaxed pumps

Velocity    Power

435fps     6.01fpe
450fps     6.43fpe
456fps     6.62fpe
435fps     6.00fpe

Not a long string but it gives me enough info for now! I can't imagine it would suddenly go crazy in power fluctuations unless a seal fails!  :-*
Like I said, this is before any special attention is given to power mods. I've only been tackling it's cosmetics and my requirements to date.  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Joshua A

Ok, well my 1322 (1377 conversion) has all of the following power mods...

Heavy hammer spring
opened up the stock transfer port
flow thru bolt
mellon ft valve & piston
polished hammer and tube
valve ported & polished
gmac top seal added to transfer port
re-shaped valve stem and valve stem head
no increase in valve volume
16" barrel

I think thats it... for power mods anyhow. the gun does have a RJ steel breech, GMAC barrel band, solid pin kit, stace roller trigger, power adjuster, etc, but none of that is relevant to trying to climb to 700 fps lol

What I am really trying to do here is reach 700 fps with a 14.3 grain pellet and with the 16" barrel or shorter. within 15 pumps.... I have not chronied the gun yet, but plan to very soon.
If I am not there yet, there are a few other things I want to do to try to achieve it. some of this may help, some may not, I dont know... but if I chrony it and i am already there, I am going to still do some of these other things to see how far i can go....

1 - in carl's tests the 16" barrel was the worst size to use for some reason, and he got higher velocities with shorter barrels, so i could try a different length barrel, and just use the 16" for a different gun.

2 - I am getting some transfer port work done by a machinist friend of mine. he is going to make me a custom transfer port that both seals air tight, and is much more open than what i am using now.

3 - I have a brass FT piston coming to replace the delrin mellon one. this piston will be getting a viton 90 duro o-ring, and i am going to add the same type of o-ring to the valve as well. I'm hoping this will give me a bit more efficiency in giving the pump/valve a more air-tight seal.

4 - I may need to increase the volume of the valve, but like i said: i'd like to be able to get the 700 within 15 pumps. It stands to reason more air volume gives more of a push, but I know that higher volume requires more pumps, so this one I'm not sure about, maybe someone could give some advice.

Those are the only other things I can think to do to try to achieve my goal.
Opinions?
suggestions?
I'd love any info that you guys would like to toss my way.

Thanks,
J.Austin

tinker

Hey Josh,
My 1322 is using a 12" Mellon barrel ft piston and valve. Valve modified to the max but setup for reduced volume hit 607fps @15 pumps. Your 4"+ should get you in to the 650's.
Getting close :-*
Fooled with it again today so I'll re-shoot and let you know if anything changed.  Yes a better breech(tighter specs = more power) how much don't really know.  Maybe 10-15 fps.
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Joshua A

Thanks glen, I'd be glad to see the results of what you are working on. I've also thought about the reduced volume thing, but I thought I read in one of those threads that if you were going for higher power that reducing volume wouldn't be what you'd want.. But its interesting to see what 15 pump will do in a reduced volume gun. I've shot and chronied quite a few guns, and you kinda get an idea of around what velocities your guns are shooting by knowing the sound of the pellet hitting your target and knowing what numbers that gun is at. I really have no idea what my gun is shooting, but at 15-16 pumps it certainly feels and sounds like its in the 600's but i could be wrong... Anyhow, I just need to go to my friends and get the numbers so i know. I've been so busy with grips/stocks lately that i've had little time to do anything.

Thanks'
J.Austin

1377x

my LS13XX does 730fps 10 pumps 14.3gr pellet
i think your going to have to with a longer barrel and tube
i had a 1377 with a 14.5" .22 barrel it would launch kodiaks 21gr pellet at 662fps with a lot of pumping

Joshua A

Hmmm well, maybe its not possible.. my goal of posting this thread, was merely to see if it has been done, or if anyone thought that it could be. I'll get some numbers soon though anyhow, and make the changes listed above, and see where we are at, and maybe see how many pumps it does take to get there. lol. Thanks.
J.Austin