Allen wrenches

Started by slider, July 13, 2011, 05:25:07 AM

Madkoifish

Your talking hundredths or thousands of a inch on a .05" hole it makes a difference.  Reason why I said "whatever" since you'll have to trial and error it and find what fits for you.

EDIT good example here:
crosman L wrench .046"
bondhus pinion driver 0.050" measures 0.047~8" changes across the flats
bondhus pinion driver 1.27mm measures 0.048~0.049 changes across the flats
Generic H1.3X100mm wrench 0.051~0.054 (this is a tapering)

pirouge

crosshairs I don't use the ball tip allen wrenches, they don't set deep enough and you round out the hex hole, by the way, you might as well get a small EZ-out, you'll need it sooner or later.      :P

catapult

my new 1377 had a semi-messed up breech screw out of the box. What was happening is the driver wasn't fully seating in the screw head, tap with a hammer and it is good to go.

Remember that few things have to be super tight. A well engineered example needs fasteners that are snug.

millipede

is it possible to buy set screws that DONT require a hex wrench? i want to replace all mine with slotted screws

NorthStaR

If anyone in the UK is after a set of allen/hex renches, I saw a cheap good enough set of imperial and metric in a combo box in Homebase.

£13.99 or there abouts.  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Crosshairs

Quote from: pirouge on July 15, 2011, 04:50:49 AM
crosshairs I don't use the ball tip allen wrenches, they don't set deep enough and you round out the hex hole, by the way, you might as well get a small EZ-out, you'll need it sooner or later.      :P
You don't loosen or tighten with the ball end it just makes it faster to remove the screw on a angle after you loosen or replacing the screw. ;)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

millipede

Quote from: pirouge on July 15, 2011, 04:50:49 AM

what size EZ out should i get? a #1 or a #2? i stripped the set screw on the steel breech. (the one that holds the barrel in place, not the one under the bolt)

pirouge

millipede its the smallest ez out my ace hardware store had, its got a 1/8" shaft, don't know the no.