What is your current Crosman project ?

Started by tayloriand, July 29, 2011, 07:38:32 PM

NorthStaR

Quote from: jogle on August 21, 2011, 03:55:12 AM
Thats a sweet lookin pistol heres my plain jane 2240 .

You know I'd forgotten what a cool gun it looks before its covered in brass 'n' tubes and breaks 'n' optics.

I always see them with the Joker length barrel, it's nice to see a shorty.  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

1377x

1389 backpacker
it was shooting pretty low so i flat topped it today using a modded 130 piston and the valve out of my LS13XX.it also needed a new loading gate,that was installed also,it still needs a .177 insert,will see how it does with the .20 insert.also added a washer behind the hammer spring.made a new pin for the quick release
still have to run it through the chrony.it sounds better than before.its a shooter not a collector,so mods a good thing

closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Im waiting for a brass breech, two brass barrel bands,and two hollow probes from GMAC. I might do a all brass super bling 2240 or a 1377  ??? Not sure.
                                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 22, 2011, 11:01:00 PM
Im waiting for a brass breech, two brass barrel bands,and two hollow probes from GMAC. I might do a all brass super bling 2240 or a 1377  ??? Not sure.
                                          Mike
cool
i have been wanting a brass breech for the longest
airgunsmithcom was supposed to make some dont know what ever happened with that

arkmaker †

Quote from: 1377x on August 22, 2011, 11:20:16 PM
cool
i have been wanting a brass breech for the longest
airgunsmithcom was supposed to make some dont know what ever happened with that

Doesn't he have one for sale now in the classified section or was that something else?
oppps it is a .25 cal breech...still cool though!

http://www.airgunsmith.com/marketplace/viewItem.php?id=69
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Quote from: HappyHunter on July 29, 2011, 08:27:53 PM
My latest project: 2240 - 2260 carbine HPA.

So far I've got-2240
                      Crosman steel breech
                      24" barrel
                      2260 tube
                      Disco valve
                      Muzzlemack's bulk fill adapter
                      Disco hammer spring
                      Flow through bolt

13ci bottle regulated to 1500 psi
All I need now is a shoebox compressor, 80 cu ft tank, scope, and a nice stock (one of Josh's masterpieces would be sweet!  ;))

This is gonna be a sweet shooter when your done i can't wait to seethe number's. :-*
                                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

HappyHunter

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 23, 2011, 01:10:20 AM
   This is gonna be a sweet shooter ...
Thanks Mike. I wouldn't have gotten even this far without the great information/advice from all you fine folks here. Thank you all.

You can't wait? I feel like a 5 yr old on Christmas eve! Worst thing is, I haven't done anything to it except a trigger tune since I posted pics  :(. Been working 6, sometimes 7 days a week for the last month and a half. Starting to slow down a bit now though.

HA! If you can believe it, the wife just come through the door just now as I'm typing this, with my tank block to mount my HPA bottle! :-* :-* One step closer to them shot strings. WOOHOO!!!

As soon as I get it finished (whenever that'll be), I will post some numbers for you.

Todd
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

jogle

Quote from: jogle on August 04, 2011, 06:54:15 AM
2240 came yesterday in mail, waiting for e-bay win's to start rebuilding my Crosman 140. Got rid of my g/f yesterday she will be replaced by 2240 mods.
Thanks for the great eye candy.
Jerry
Orderd mellon 10'' barrel and flow thru bolt tonight :)
Polished sear and trigger installed Crosman Steel breech.

NorthStaR

Project list update:

2240 added. It was going to be a 1377 but they didn't have it in stock. To be kept minimal.
I have a repro leather WWII M3 or M7 tank 1911 holster for it. Cross-draw, the only way to holster. Put 'em up!

Out the box, the 2240 shoots 7FPE with 14.3 GRN WASPs.

It would seem that all the pistols I buy are over the UK limit, even as stock. And they are purchased within the UK.

I sense the grey cloud of rubber laws blowing in? 
I abide as best I can but how many average people buy guns and chrony them - none, and they're all over the UK limit.
That's every single purchase of a 2240 within the UK! Still compared to my EB22 its a weakling.  8)

If I cut the barrel to the length of the gas tube do you think it would lower the power much? 6 FPE is the target but I may let it sit as is?
I guess it would be easier to add a power adjuster and wind it out to slacken off the spring. Seems springs do the controlling to a degree.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

1377x

starting my 2250b build i had the tube and rear cap already.got the steel breech,barrel band and forearm assembly today.
this is my first co2 build,so far it is easier than the disco build.

ill use my flow through bolt on this project

Brutuz

Switching to bulk fill tomorrow, bought these parts from Gmac, arrived today:
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

jogle

Hey picture guys all my pictures are too large to download to this site. Do you shink them down or use photo bucket or ?????

JEBert

Jogle,
I shrink mine using Microsoft Paint because it is what I have on my computer.  When you have a picture open in Paint, go up to the menu, you click on Image, and choose Stretch/Skew and type in what percent of the original you want to see and click OK.  Be sure to keep the original aspect ratio by choosing the same percent for both horizontal and vertical.  My little Canon takes large pics so I usually reduce to 50% or less to post here.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

jogle

Thanks Bert have some type of photo edit software on my laptop will play with it. Me and computers don't mix to good at times. lol

jogle

Ok trying 500 x 350, my 2240 with steel breech and Daisy site. Parts on the way to continue the build. :-*