What fiend designed the safety on the 1377?

Started by AZAG, July 31, 2011, 07:15:25 AM

AZAG

So i've finished my first mod on the 1377 and it was a trigger polish and MA spring and guide.  I spent ~25% of the time disassembling, polishing the contact points, and installing the new spring and guide.  About 50% of the time was spent crawling search patterns on the floor looking for the little ball that is part of the safety (don't know the real name.)  About 24% of the time putting the safety spring and ball back in place, and 1% of the time assuring my wife and son that the howls of anguish coming from the dining room table weren't something that they needed to be concerned with.

So i'm left wondering what fiend designed the sofety on the 1377?

breakfastchef

As a left-handed shooter, the safety is always digging into my finger. That is annoying. I don't think I could shorten the safety without losing the intended functionality.
Larry

hotshot

From what I have read some people just remove it completely.
1377c    -   "Pumpmaster" Carbine
1322      -    Custom carbine
2250B    -   "Ratcatcher"
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

Brutuz

Quote from: hotshot on July 31, 2011, 06:00:57 PM
From what I have read some people just remove it completely.

That's the easiest way, remove the trigger unit completely, tweak, re-assemble and when ready and all back together drop the safety ball in from above followed by the spring and fit it to the tube again.
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Plasticman

When I take a gun apart I put all the small parts in a small magetic bowl I got from an auto parts store. This keeps them from rolling around and getting lost.

AZAG

Quote from: Brutuz on July 31, 2011, 06:09:11 PM
That's the easiest way, remove the trigger unit completely, tweak, re-assemble and when ready and all back together drop the safety ball in from above followed by the spring and fit it to the tube again.
Removing the grip from the tube would have made it easier to reinstall the safety ball and spring, thanks for the tip.

demarisl

Get a telescoping magnet from a hardware/auto parts store for $5-6.  Extended it makes short work of looking for small metal parts, even works in grass.  Collapsed it can be used to hold that damned little ball bearing over the hole where it can be pushed in with a fingernail.  Also helps in preventing young children from learning embarrassing new words.

Larry

mudduck48

And don't for get to put a little bit of grease in the hole with a tooth pic. That way, the next time the spring and ball will stay in place and not go, BOOING, across the room. :-\
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

rangerfredbob

3 year old thread revived?

Anyway, easiest way by far to keep that thing intact is just to remove the trigger frame from the tube, that's what holds the tension on the safety spring, makes dealing with that guy a breeze...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

DBOdude

i used vaseline and still lost the ball . :( vaseline/grease does help , but sometimes i prove even simple things aren't idiot proof  ;) :-* 
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

mudduck48

I was looking at what people were looking at and a Guest was looking at this thread. Maybe Brutuz needs to delete all threads that are over 3years old to make more space.  ???
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

agninja

I was just doing the "crosman crawl" last night. Fortunately I have laminate wood flooring, so when the ball falls down and hits it and bounces and rolls I can use echolocation to narrow down what direction it traveled in. This is far better than carpet which gobbles up safety balls like an unforgiving blackhole of death.

I have a pretty good technique for re-assembling the safety from the side. The key is to put the bb in first then slide the spring in and use an allen wrench to help push it down and another small tool like tweezers to wedge and compress the spring in . You still run the risk of those little basturds squirting out on you, but its doable using that technique. Wouldn't hurt to cover your hands and the entire assembly area with a sheet of clear plastic wrap so you can see what you are doing but yet provide a deflection shield in case they try to pop out on you.
Black air pistols matter.

rangerfredbob

Quote from: mudduck48 on July 29, 2014, 03:41:40 PM
I was looking at what people were looking at and a Guest was looking at this thread. Maybe Brutuz needs to delete all threads that are over 3years old to make more space.  ???

I doubt that would save space, and sometimes searching the old stuff when you can find it is helpful
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Brutuz

Only off topic and test forums get pruned  :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

tnpaw

Best advice I have is to never take it apart unless you have a nice white towel under to catch all the small parts and a tray to keep them in until you put it back together! Hard on old knees, doing the Crosman Crawl!....hey that ought to be a New Dance Step!LOL....... ;D :-*