1377 Barrel band with a thread for muzzle brake

Started by Brighton Rock, July 31, 2011, 06:36:22 PM

Brighton Rock

Right guys
I need some one to make a barrel band with a thread on for a muzzle brake
No joy in UK i think this neads to go State side.

GUYS i will be posting more now so i need to tell you i am Dyslexic so biar with me on my spelling & grama reading no problem what so ever crazy i know  but what can you do ???
Cheers Guys
Tony

L.O. Little

I think the US is the last place to look for a threaded barrel... devices that make guns quieter, that can be removed, are strictly regulated. I'm almost positive I've seen pics of barrels like you're describing, and they were from Britain or Europe.
Lynn

Brighton Rock

Just done a edit i ment barrel band with a thread for a muzzle brake

Madkoifish

Your not going to find many here int he US that will chance making or selling any device to attach anything to or over a barrel via threading. All of the stuff out there is setscrew based. Or just friction fit with orings. Airsoft is the only thing I can think of that have threaded flash hiders and threaded bases for extensions etc. Real issue is how vague the law is and how inconsistent it is enforced no matter if the device is for a shroud on a air gun and not a firearm.

I have seen threaded barrels being sold in the UK and some Eu nations for crosman. I am not sure if those are one offs or what.

Second if I were to want a base threaded attachment for a shroud etc I probably would want it on the barrel and not the band since the band could introduce variances in alignment to the crown of the barrel and the end of the device. Probably the reason most thread on devices are at the tip of the barrel.