Alot of hard work but...

Started by TexasGunner, August 07, 2011, 03:36:41 AM

TexasGunner

I bought a pump master 760 from wally world (wal-mart) just cause it was on sale, and was surprised at all the parts that can go in a 1377. The valve if you can make a screw hole pump arm and I think it's called a barrel band and if you have alot of free time  even the barrel

recklessridr

finding new toys on sale is always a good thing!!!  parts interchangeability is better!!!   changing a 13xx barrel for that of an un-rifled 760 barrel?!?! ???  what would be the point?
BAM  51
crosman 140
crosman 1389
crosman 2289
crosman 1377
benji   310
kessler .22
SP 2

Crosshairs

Quote from: recklessridr on August 07, 2011, 09:31:15 AM
finding new toys on sale is always a good thing!!!  parts interchangeability is better!!!   changing a 13xx barrel for that of an un-rifled 760 barrel?!?! ???  what would be the point?
Some 760 barrels are rifled im not sure if the new 760 are. :-*
                                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

JEBert

QuoteI bought a pump master 760 from wally world (wal-mart) just cause it was on sale, and was surprised at all the parts that can go in a 1377. The valve if you can make a screw hole pump arm and I think it's called a barrel band and if you have alot of free time  even the barrel
WallMart had them on sale at the first of the year and I bought one thinking about all of the parts that looked the same.  I was especially thinking of a barrel chance because it said it was an air rifle on the box.  Got it home and unpacked it and it is only an airgun with a smooth barrel.  I took it back.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

arkmaker †

I think you have to go a ways back in time to find a 760 with a rifled barrel. I always thought about customizing a rifled barrel for my PM66. Flat-top it, a little valve work and maybe even get someone to make me a nice wood stock. I have the steel receiver to replace the plastic one already. I figure this may be a great retirement project for me!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Joshua A

Ok, just let me know when you want the stock made lol. j/k I have thought about doing the same.. Wonder what kind of velocities you'd be pushing with a fully modded 760 with ft piston/valve etc etc... I also want to make wood for my daisy 880 lol, but it seems like a waste of effort being that the reciever is plastic.

JEBert

After finding out that the 760 barrel was not rifled, I thought about modding it with a flat top setup and rifled barrel but I don't think it would be much different than the 1377 except for the plastic reciever and plastic stock.  I suppose if the screw holes are close enough, you could put a 1377 or 1740 grip frame on it and then it would be exactly like a 1377.  I have two of those already.  Now, if it has a longer tube, longer pump stroke, and the screw holes line up, I would consider "stroking" one of my 1377's.
It would be nice to have a wooden and steel 760.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Joshua A

Is that possible, lol now i'm curious about this... would a cros. gripframe bolt up to one of these tubes? or could it be modified to? I know a place that has these on sale for 29.99 which is actually not a "deal" per' say, but it is the same price as pyramydair minus shipping lol

J.Austin

TexasGunner

Quote from: Joshua A on August 08, 2011, 10:50:50 PM
Is that possible, lol now i'm curious about this... would a cros. gripframe bolt up to one of these tubes? or could it be modified to? I know a place that has these on sale for 29.99 which is actually not a "deal" per' say, but it is the same price as pyramydair minus shipping lol

J.Austin
The 760 doesnt have the screw holes and that's the only difference I see

JEBert

No screw holes? How does the trigger frame attach?
From looking at the trigger frame, I thought it might attach in a similar fashion.
Can you get us some pics of the trigger mechanism?
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Madkoifish

Thig gun the trigger etc is held by the housing that wraps around the tube. So any grip frame stuff you would have to drill out yourself. The valve looks to be retained just by the tube indent. VS the 1377 which has at least the grip frame screw going into it.

all the long tube 1377s I seen are 1400 or 2200/2100 tubes. I think the creators are on this board. 1377x comes to mind.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1176754271/My+1377-2200
post.

some google

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1280354035/Has+anyone+built+a+1322+using+a+760+or+2100+or+some+other+pump+arm+and+tube-

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1163451330/Can+I+put+a+crosman+2100+value+into+a+1377-+Tks%2C

All seems to require milling or major alterations to the tube.

oops forgot the attachment! ugh site does not like png, so image shacked it is.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1574/c760.png

JEBert

Madkoi,
Thanks.  Yea, looks to be a lot of trouble for basically a 1377 pump setup.  The 1400 tube looks interesting though.  Might have to think on that for a while.  Also, I would build a rifled 760 if I could find a metal receiver and wooden stock just don't think it would be worth the trouble with the plastic.
Arkmaker, that steel receiver does look like a project for someday
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Joshua A

Quote from: Madkoifish on August 09, 2011, 03:19:10 AM
Thig gun the trigger etc is held by the housing that wraps around the tube. So any grip frame stuff you would have to drill out yourself. The valve looks to be retained just by the tube indent. VS the 1377 which has at least the grip frame screw going into it.

all the long tube 1377s I seen are 1400 or 2200/2100 tubes. I think the creators are on this board. 1377x comes to mind.

See that is what i am wondering.. If i could build something like that, with some modifications, some spare parts i have here, and a 29.99 gun from the local sporting goods store. I think it would be totally worth it. plus I love projects like these. If i built one, I would make the barrel only as long as the tube. It would be an over-sized 1377 pistol with FT internals, and any other mods i could squeeze into it. maybe even a .25 cal set-up. Bet i could make a really nice stock for it too!

J.Austin

Madkoifish

I think what your aiming for is this one guys "uber carbine"

look for rsterne
Would be cool to see what you could do for a longer pump arm to hide up that linkage! With a custom carbine stock on etc.

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=611&mforum=drfaf
not sure how this canadian forum will link since I found green forum urls as blank.

long arse tube

One thing I balked at were some people who built these saying not much of a increase in fps. Not that much of a increase in piston travel (3/4") I have seen some heavily modded 1377s doing 300+ fps on single pumps though. I have considered one of these projects myself. But most of the builds refer to milling slots and stuff. Could probably bodge something with a dremel and a decent drill press. So that is a personal comfort level thing. I still might attempt this at some stage just to do it. Obviously it is doable with crosman parts. With a 760 I doubt it though. Visually I see the 760 part not working due to the hammer pin slot and associated holes a 1377 would need would have no where to be drilled.  Transfer port looks WAY too far forward and the end cap is retained via some sideways hole in the tube.
I would be tempted to get brass tube and make it into what I want or SS and have someone mill the slots in. Anyhow scour those threads and google up. I know 1377X has built a few of these so he could chime in on exactly what needs to be done to which tube.

2100 tube part # 2200c009
2200 part # same as above older versions look phased out.
1400 part #140-001
this part I think requires slot machining.
760 part #760d094

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/service/manuals/crosman-rifles
pdfs for manuals

JEBert

Josh,
QuoteI would make the barrel only as long as the tube.
Ditto.
QuoteBet i could make a really nice stock for it too!
I'm sure that you could.  And if you do, I want to see it!
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member