2240 frame paint stripper

Started by hellgrips98, August 07, 2011, 03:40:04 AM

hellgrips98

i need help regarding the right paint stripper to strip all the paint in my 2240 grip frame... it is for my all stainless 2240 project... ill try to buff the frame after i strip em  :)

http://hellgrips98.webs.com/ click here to see my exotic wood grips

Madkoifish

Used good ol jasco on my hb17. pot metal vs brass. Maybe some of those water clean up enviro ones will do the job too. The paint on the grip frame does not even seem to be a baked finish. Comes off way to easily vs that HB17.

Crosshairs

I used a hose hold paint remover and a brass wire brush it worked just fine.   :-*
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

y2kirk1028

I used Aircraft Remover in a spray can.  Works really well.
Just make sure you wear gloves and use in a well ventilated area.

NorthStaR

I use NitroMors paint stripper.
It can take a little time but it will sloth off. But for speed (and you can remove the cast line from the molding of the frame) I use a dremel
and a sanding wheel. Use a fine graded wheel and you can do both jobs at once. It also gives a nice smooth brushed one directional pattern.
Then just buffit.

Paintstripper - couple of hours.
Dremel - couple of minutes.

I generally use NitroMors on more precious items like 'Vintage Crosmans' and the sand paper on the 22XX and 13XX ranges.
Also use stripper to keep fine details like words.

Wire wool helps but can be messy leaving filings that seem magnetic which is a little itrritating. If not magnetic just sticky! ???

I either brush on the NitroMors and work in sessions or you can poor it in a glass jar and soak the item which is easier.
Again it depends on the item due to the shape, the container and how much stripper you want to get through.

USE GLOVES!  It will give you chemical burn if it gets on your skin.
(although it's not that bad as long as you wash it off - the pain should be a good enough warning! It hurts before it does any real damage.)
It will melt rubber gloves so you may want a multi pack - they're cheap and not worth wasting money on durable ones - they still get binned!

Wear goggles/glasses too. You can't enjoy a gun you can't see! And lastly ventilation.

:)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....