crooked barn breech

Started by 1377x, August 19, 2011, 02:12:05 AM

1377x

who has/is using a crooked barn ultimate breech??
how do you like ??
closed mouths dont get fed

tinker

I have one but it's a little loose for my likes.  The bore for the bolt is a bit too big so there is a lot of play.  It was OK until I got a Cothran breech.  Better fit and function.  Even the Crosman steel breech is tighter in tolerance. Just my opinion. :)
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

PistolMan

The Breech and Bolt are to wide on eichother yes !  :o

So, better buy only the Breech and make a fitted Bolt yourself, or by a friend..  :-*

Or buy an other complete set..

greetingss...Guido  :P
PistolMan is the name Pistol shooting my game..

Steyr LP5.
.25 Marauder Pistol aka RATBLASTER.

Cross Pistol Packer

The CB breech on my 2260 works well :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

arkmaker †

Using one on my 1377. I like it. Easy to load, but yes, a stock bolt feels a little sloppy. That does not bother me any as it seals and locks good, plus I have the bolt on the left side.
RIch
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Capt. Thomas

Quote from: tinker on August 19, 2011, 06:31:44 AM
I have one but it's a little loose for my likes.  The bore for the bolt is a bit too big so there is a lot of play.  It was OK until I got a Cothran breech.  Better fit and function.  Even the Crosman steel breech is tighter in tolerance. Just my opinion. :)

Just courious, were you using your old stock bolt, a different bolt from another mfg. or a CB bolt to match their breech?

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

eric

i had one before they were made ambidextrous and as stated above the supplied bolt was very loose but it did what it was supposed to do without any issues.it was very light so if tying to cut weight then that's the ticket
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

tinker

Capt. Thomas
Tried a Mellon, Cothran, Stock, extended, flow thru bolts, a .22 & .177 barrels, 1377 and 22xx platform.  The bolt wobble when loading the pellets got to me.  Maybe I got one that was loose.  I personally like a tighter tolerance that's all.  As Eric said it's very light so there is very little added weight when installed.
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

PistolMan

Quote from: Capt. Thomas on August 19, 2011, 01:34:20 PM

Just courious, were you using your old stock bolt, a different bolt from another mfg. or a CB bolt to match their breech?

Capt. Thomas

No, we mean with the CB Bolt... :(

greetingss...Guido  :P
PistolMan is the name Pistol shooting my game..

Steyr LP5.
.25 Marauder Pistol aka RATBLASTER.

Capt. Thomas

Got it.......... I think a loose bolt would drive me nuts  :-* There is no excuse for that type of fit on custom parts. If I go that direction they will have to assure me the they will provide a propper fit.

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

Rualert

I too have one of these, bolt is a little loose, but my only real complaint, and this is just me being bitchy, you have to pull the whole breech to change the bolt. Other than that, it has always worked just fine, and is very light weight. I do like the 4 barrel grub screws, holds the barrel nice and tight. Almost forgot, the stock sight will also fit on it.

Casey