A 1377, PC77 & A 1322 on the Chrony

Started by DRAGON64, August 21, 2011, 04:19:09 PM

Crosshairs

Quote from: DRAGON64 on August 25, 2011, 02:08:55 PM
Good sound advice... in looking back at the video, id did sound like I was in a hurry... probably the memory on the camera - heck if that excude don't work, I've got more  :)

Seriously though, I do need to slow down.  But I must say, I pumped all three pistols the same amount, and it was the PC77 that generated the most heat... I wonder if it is because it has a newer piston cup(?)
It could just be a very tight seal, is the piston will oiled if it's dry it will cause more friction and you will get heat from that.
                                                                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Heat em up boys! I want to see them glowing red!  ;D

But, does the heat cause a change in velocity or is it just a wear thing?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on August 25, 2011, 09:49:21 PM
Heat em up boys! I want to see them glowing red!  ;D

But, does the heat cause a change in velocity or is it just a wear thing?
both!
closed mouths dont get fed

DRAGON64

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 25, 2011, 08:32:58 PM
It could just be a very tight seal, is the piston will oiled if it's dry it will cause more friction and you will get heat from that.
                                                                         Mike

A drop or two of oil, and I did not notice a difference.  I did slow down, but 25 - 30 rounds I needed to give her a rest.  I did notice though, that the drop or two of oil caused the pistol to build more pressure.  Closing the pump arm after each pump really became tough to do...
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

NorthStaR

I reckon that's the better seal your getting?  ???
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

DRAGON64

Quote from: NorthStaR on August 26, 2011, 01:58:14 PM
I reckon that's the better seal your getting?  ???

I know that dry firing to remove excess oil would blow nice sized holes through a paper towl from 7-8 inches away... dry firing wasps from point blank range would either knock them silly or pop their antennas off...  :P

I need to remain in vigel in keeping one pump in the pistol to keep the seals expanded.  All of my pistols seem to loose their pressure after sitting while pumped.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

1377x

the slower you pump the more stable the pressure
i can pump my guns 10x,let it sit overnight,velocity remains the same
the key when pumping 15-30x is take a break after 10 pumps,pump slowly

NorthStaR

Quote from: DRAGON64 on August 26, 2011, 02:03:27 PM
I know that dry firing to remove excess oil would blow nice sized holes through a paper towl from 7-8 inches away... dry firing wasps from point blank range would either knock them silly or pop their antennas off...  :P

I need to remain in vigel in keeping one pump in the pistol to keep the seals expanded.  All of my pistols seem to loose their pressure after sitting while pumped.

I had a pellet stuck in the barrel and popped it out with a kebab (kebob) stick and in a moment of distraction I forgot it was there. Mainly cause I had to push one with another and forgot to remove the one I couldn't see.

I did a dry fire and sent a would'be blow-dart accross the hall.

Ooops!!! It was surprisingly accurate considering it had no flights attached or wadding!  ;D ;D ;D
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

DRAGON64

Quote from: NorthStaR on August 26, 2011, 05:16:06 PM
I had a pellet stuck in the barrel and popped it out with a kebab (kebob) stick and in a moment of distraction I forgot it was there. Mainly cause I had to push one with another and forgot to remove the one I couldn't see.

I did a dry fire and sent a would'be blow-dart accross the hall.

Ooops!!! It was surprisingly accurate considering it had no flights attached or wadding!  ;D ;D ;D

very interesting... a 13XX dart gun!  Great for taming and not mameing unruly pests And it's retrievable... carbon fiber rods... Nah, non-intended useage.

1377x

Quote from: DRAGON64 on August 26, 2011, 05:35:05 PM
very interesting... a 13XX dart gun!  Great for taming and not mameing unruly pests And it's retrievable... carbon fiber rods... Nah, non-intended useage.
they have been made to shoot tranquilizer darts.i saw one at the gunshow i went to.it was made by daq
it said on the side daq tranquilizer gun. $205

DRAGON64

I modified the 1322 that I was tesing in this thread, by installing an AC Custom piston and valve.  My 1322 was shooting 469 fps, now see what this small upgrade has done for my pistol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU2JVGXtZL8&feature=channel_video_title#]1322 Chrony Testing 9-10-2011[/url]

Lots more work to be done to smooth this pirtol out.

1377x

quickster47 †

Couldn't watch the video yet but were you using the same number of pumps?

If so, that's an impressive gain.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

DRAGON64

Yes, 10 pumps for the first go around.  Once the o-ring seats in, or something loosens up, I will not try the 15 pumps just yet.  One item to note; I picked up the pistol later that day, only to find that the breech had loosened up... made me wonder just how well of a seal the breech had to the barrel.

1377x

using a heavy hammer spring would loosen my gun up!