Bolt handle

Started by mcc1961, August 23, 2011, 04:00:15 AM

mcc1961

Can you change the bolt handle on a stock bolt on a 2300T.Does it just screw off or do you have to buy these custom bolts to get one of the screw on stainless bolt  handles?What pistol parts are backwards compatible with the 2300T if any?
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

JEBert

I'm not familiar with that particular pistol.  If it comes with a steel breech kit, the bolt and handle is steel and the handle screws into the bolt.  The bolt that comes with a plastic breech is brass and has a pressed in handle and the handle is peened on the other side of the bolt.  You can drill the peened part off (carefully), punch the handle out of the bolt, and run an 8-32 tap into the bolt and use a screw-in handle.  You could also cut off the small part of the bolt shank, and run an 8-32 die onto it but it will be shorter than stock which is not necessarily a bad thing unless you need a long handle to clear a large rear sight or something.  All of the Crosman and aftermarket bolts and handles that are threaded, are 8-32 threads. [edited to add thread size]
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

JEBert

My post above may not be completely technically correct.  I just looked at what appeared to be a Crosman factory picture of a 2300S that appeared to have a brass bolt and screwed-in handle so everything that comes with a steel breech installed might not have a steel bolt.  That being said, The plastic breech has a false bottom to allow the installation of a bolt and handle assembly.  The steel breech does not so it must have a threaded handle installed after the bolt is put into the breech.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Crosshairs

No it wont unscrew if it's the plastic breech but it will come out  you need to remove the breech then it will pop out of the bottom. But if you have a steel breech it should unscrew  :-*
                                                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

JEBert

QuoteWhat pistol parts are backwards compatible with the 2300T if any?
What parts did you have in mind?  Reason I ask is because there are lots and lots.  Crosman uses quite a few of the same parts on several guns.  I'm afraid to start listing as it would take me a long time and I might never quite finish.  Anything off of a 2240, 2300KT, or a 2300S should fit your 2300T.  The only thing different on a 1377, 1322, or 2289 Backpacker is the air tube which have a pump in them (and a forearm that you wouldn't need).  Lots of parts on a 2250 and a 2260 are interchangeable with all of the above list of guns.  I am doing more research to discover what all from Crosman might fit.  I have put Backpacker parts onto a 1377 and screwed grips from a 1700 Silhouette pistol onto my 2300.  I have put the sear spring and adjustment parts from the 1700 into both of my 1377's and the 2300KT came with them already installed.
The main thing that I have found on this forum is this, there are a great bunch of folks here.  Ask and ye shall receive.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

mcc1961

The 2300T  has a shorter steel breech than a 2300S.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

JEBert

Even so, it is interchangeable.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

quickster47 †

You can usually figure that if the Crosman gun has a steel breech then the bolt handle screws into the bolt.  That would be the only way to fit all the pieces together.  Now the very short plastic breech is a different story.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †