i dont like co2

Started by 1377x, September 05, 2011, 04:07:36 PM

1377x

i gotta give you co2 guys credit for liking co2
for some reason i cant stand it.
i just put together a 2250b right now its a pistol but thats going to change.
when shooting it i get the dreaded hammer bounce,which sounds like a hpa gun that is low on air.
dont know if i want to keep it.i may get a bottle regulated at 1400psi.. maybe it will grow on me
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Give it time.  As some other things in life, it gets better with age.   :)

I really like the HPA stuff because you can shoot without doing a forearm/bicep/triceps workout.  And you are pretty much always ready for that next shot.

I also like CO2 but then I've been doing CO2 for sometime and truthfully, I am just now coming into the 13XX appreciation stage.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

i did the pcp thing
totally happy with the power not so with the filling.i for one dont want to be lugging a big tank around
since my shooting areas were all in different places it wore on me having a limited number of shots
thats the main reason i sold all my pcp stuff .
now im thinking one of those little hpa bottles is the way to go.
my pcp valve performed the best at 1400psi.i wont mind lugging a smaller bottle around
so do i convert my 2250b to hpa or just go back to pcp and get a regulated bottle to lug around.
either way ill need a bottle

arkmaker †

I love Co2!! So simple. Lazy mans way to shooting fun!  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

crossy72

for my newbie point of you,i can see positive's in all types,i like co2 but then my 2300t gives us 60 full power shots if it was 40 shots then well i might think differently,pcp are nice but out of my price range for what we are doing,i was looking at a cometa indian  spring pistol at a penny a shot and quiet also,but there was no provision for anything other than iron sights and no one seemed to stock spares,a spring or pcp rifle was also an option but i havent got the space to warrant a rifle,the 2300t is spot on for me and my son and i can get crosman powerlets at 35 pence each
nick :-*

zuke

I like my 1377,I never run out of air    :-*
Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it!

PistolMan

Like my Co2 pistole real well! 

Pcp is also nice, and the most powerfull.

Pumping or puling not for me, on my pistole then. .

gr. Guido
PistolMan is the name Pistol shooting my game..

Steyr LP5.
.25 Marauder Pistol aka RATBLASTER.

Joshua A

I like co2, but I LOVE multi-pump pneumatic guns.. I like the fact that they are self-contained. Just add pellets.. and of course some good old fashioned elbow grease.

J.Austin

hotshot

I use to use my 2250 alot but i was only getting 20 good shots not enough for plinking. Then I basically turned my 2240 into a 2250 and I am getting 50 or 60 shots and now I love co2
1377c    -   "Pumpmaster" Carbine
1322      -    Custom carbine
2250B    -   "Ratcatcher"
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

crossy72

seems theres a crosman for all
nick

slothart

Quote from: crossy72 on September 05, 2011, 09:18:44 PM
for my newbie point of you,i can see positive's in all types,i like co2 but then my 2300t gives us 60 full power shots if it was 40 shots then well i might think differently,pcp are nice but out of my price range for what we are doing,i was looking at a cometa indian  spring pistol at a penny a shot and quiet also,but there was no provision for anything other than iron sights and no one seemed to stock spares,a spring or pcp rifle was also an option but i havent got the space to warrant a rifle,the 2300t is spot on for me and my son and i can get crosman powerlets at 35 pence each
nick :-*

Off Topic... saw you mention the Cometa Indian...
If you are looking for a springer pistol, the Webley Tempest is getting resurrected.  I don't know if they will bring back the hurricane.

On topic, I'm on the fence with CO2.  My 2240 has been fun so far, but I still prefer my 1377 and pumpers in general.  CO2 feels a bit unpredictable/temperamental if that makes sense.
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

JEBert

QuoteCO2 feels a bit unpredictable/temperamental if that makes sense.
It makes sense to me.  However, I do not blame the gun for it.  It is probably as much my fault as the gun.  I'm not sure all powerlets are charged the same either.
The weirdest thing to happen to me with Co2 was last night.  I decided to shoot a pair of targets, one for the one-handed and one for the two-handed competition and shoot both with the 2300 then do it again with the 1377 and submit the best target for each comp.
I started with the 2300 on the one-handed target in case my right arm got tired I would have the one handed behind me.  I had figured that the gun was almost out of Co2 and this first target would just be a practice target but y'all can see the target as I submitted it for the Sept one-handed comp.  Now the weird part, on the second bull, and the third shot, the pellet didn't even leave the barrel.  The Co2 was gone and the previous pellet was still at the edge of the black at 5:00 O'clock.  It couldn't have been more than 1/2" low.  All of the previous times I ran out of gas, the pellets would drop up to 2" and still be shooting out of the barrel before I decided to change powerlets.
I removed the spent powerlet, put a drop of Pellgun oil on a new powerlet, installed it in the gun, pointed at the backstop but away from the target.  On the second trigger pull, the pellet hit the backstop with what seemed to me to be full force.  I finished out the target with that 112/120 - 1X I posted before I went to bed in the wee hours this morning.
I was waiting for one minute between each shot.  As much for the relaxation and breathing as the Co2.  Maybe that had something to do with it.  When I have been counting the shots I am getting per powerlet, it never went more than 50 full power and after that it would dwindle and I would get maybe 60 shots total.  I am thinking of mods to increase shot-count and possibly increase consistency.
It is shooting very well though, I might not mess with it.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

NorthStaR

I like both Co2 and Pneumatics. HPA is tempting but the high pressure puts me off. Funny, I enjoy scuba but not the idea of shooting?!

I have found Co2 to be fairly consistent once you get to know your gun. Either from the shot count or you get to know the noise change
as a signal of low pressure. My latest carbine is a multishot. It has a 2x12g cylinder adaptor on it. I know if I only use one 12g on it I will
get a max of 30 shots from it, or 3 clips.  :-* 

I like the 13XX for the free air. Also the power that can be got from it. I like the fact I can shoot it and leave it be without worrying about
leaving it charged unlike a Co2 gun.

The simplicity of both is equal and part of the appeal for me. I guess the hammer bounce never bothered me, just the way of things.  :)

All IMHO!  :P
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Crosshairs

Quote from: NorthStaR on September 06, 2011, 02:12:31 PM
I like both Co2 and Pneumatics. HPA is tempting but the high pressure puts me off. Funny, I enjoy scuba but not the idea of shooting?!

I have found Co2 to be fairly consistent once you get to know your gun. Either from the shot count or you get to know the noise change
as a signal of low pressure. My latest carbine is a multishot. It has a 2x12g cylinder adaptor on it. I know if I only use one 12g on it I will
get a max of 30 shots from it, or 3 clips.  :-* 

I like the 13XX for the free air. Also the power that can be got from it. I like the fact I can shoot it and leave it be without worrying about
leaving it charged unlike a Co2 gun.

The simplicity of both is equal and part of the appeal for me. I guess the hammer bounce never bothered me, just the way of things.  :)

All IMHO!  :P
X1  :-*
                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

when i had my disco the only time the hammer would bounce was when it was less than 1k psi.
what bothers me is that the gun sounds like a pcp running out of air.maybe i should have tried co2 before pcp
NS
i found out the hard way why safety is preached in pcp/hpa
one time at band camp :P.just kidding
i put my disco together and forgot to put in 2 of the retaining screws.the ones that cant be missed on the sides.only the valve and fill adapter was attached as i was checking for leaks.start filling it around 2k psi
the valve shot out the rear of the tube hitting me in the forearm leaving a bruise the size of a softball leaving my hand with a numb feeling,took a few days to fully close my hand.on that day i found out that a ss 8-32 screw will hold til 1800 psi before shearing off.not the way i wanted find that out.
pcp/hpa is safe as long as the user is doing their part.it was the funnest(dont know if thats a word)gun i had. shooting out to 75 yards was no problem and the pellet still smacked with authority i could hear it hit,loud