crosman 26 inch barrel

Started by 1377x, September 26, 2011, 03:55:12 AM

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on September 28, 2011, 05:00:23 PM
Do keep us updated because was are all waiting with bated breath.  Yuk, that saying just sounds nasty as explained below.

But then in this case 'bated' is short for 'abated and "bated breath" would mean to slow down your breathing or hold your breath.  Curiously, people hold their breath when in anticipation.  Perhaps so as not to be distracted by breathing.

Sadly, "bated" is no longer commonly used, causing people to believe the expression to be "with baited breath".  This common misspelling leads to confusion and strange imagery.

Carl
thanks for explaination
i was thinking sardine breath at first ;D ;D ;D
just kidding!
closed mouths dont get fed

NorthStaR

I'm sure when I went in a shop a month or so ago they had a benjamin springer and that had a smooth barrel and no rifling.
I'm sure it was a Benji I tells ya.  ???

Anywho, my umarex storm is also smooth with no rifling but is just a 30 shot plinker.
But it is fun and you can fire as fast as you like and gives a grouping around an inch at 5m!  ;D
(the large grouping is from the blowback and harsh trigger being fired rapidly! That's my excuse anyway. Oh and the smooth barrel!)

I don't know why they have barrels like this?!

Seems daft but maybe its a way of slowing down the pellet to keep the rifle legal?

A daft thought but that's me!  :-X
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

NorthStaR

I was reading an airgun magazine in the study (the can) and there was a review for the crosman nitro springer.
I wondered if the barrel was for this as it has a large cocking aid on the muzzle end of the barrel.

I dunno, I just thought perhaps they may have a longer barrel for more leverage. Purely a guess and probably wrong?!  :D

Anywho, they gave it a good right up and for the price I may go check one out.  ???  ;)  :)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

1377x

the barrels are set up for 13XX,22XX,discovery tubes as far as i can tell the inlet and transfer port match up to these tubes
closed mouths dont get fed

Noah

Quote from: quickster47 on September 28, 2011, 05:00:23 PM
Do keep us updated because was are all waiting with bated breath.  Yuk, that saying just sounds nasty as explained below.

But then in this case 'bated' is short for 'abated and "bated breath" would mean to slow down your breathing or hold your breath.  Curiously, people hold their breath when in anticipation.  Perhaps so as not to be distracted by breathing.

Sadly, "bated" is no longer commonly used, causing people to believe the expression to be "with baited breath".  This common misspelling leads to confusion and strange imagery.

Carl

WOW - Carl be really smart, yeah?  ;) :-* 8)
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.