Trouble getting the right parts

Started by JEBert, October 03, 2011, 02:33:11 AM

JEBert

Hey all,
Has anyone besides me had trouble getting the correct parts sent from Crosman?  When I got my 1300KT from the Crosman Custom Shop, it came with the 2-screw trigger frame with the metal cover.  I didn't think anything of it until I started doing the trigger job to it.  After I honed my stainless steel washers down to a perfect fit to eliminate the sideways play in the trigger, The play would come back.  It wobbles like crazy.  After re-shimming it twice, I gave up and swapped one of my 1377 trigger frames onto it.  The 1377 trigger frames were both the newer 3-screw plastic cover type.  I had no such trouble with either of those.  I then decided to order a new trigger frame and repeat the process so all 3 of my guns would have a good trigger.
Here are the part numbers I used straight out if the 1700p EVP:
Trigger frame    2300A035
Trigger frame cover   1322B044
Well, everything else came in that order correctly except for the trigger frame.  They sent me a plastic 3-screw cover. and an older 2/screw type frame.
I called the customer support phone number and talked to a nice man who, after me telling him the problem and describing the part the I received, agreed that I had the wrong part.  He told me that the correct part would be shipped to me.  We had a poor telephone connection but I am pretty sure that he said I could return the wrong part to the same address it was mailed from.
I packaged it up and sent it back.  Two weeks later, I get a new package from Crosman Corporation, and excitedly open it up and to my surprise, I got the same type of wrong part again!
Now, I don't know whether to order a metal cover to go with it so I can possibly trade it to someone on this forum for the one I want or try again.
The 1377 I robbed of its trigger frame is complete and shoots OK but I eventually want to put the modded newer trigger setup back on it.
I guess I can just wait and order the entire frame assy for a P-rod to put on the KT. Hey, I could name the Custom Shop 2300KT "Katie".
Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Jerry

Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

you are not alone
at least you got a grip frame
someone i know ordered a cocking pin and got a right side 2200 receiver plate
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

I think it depends on who you get on the other end.  To some of them it is just a job but to others they are really there to help you and keep you as a customer.  I've always had good luck with them.

No wrong parts and often a nice note saying they appreciate my business.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

eric

could be parts in the wrong parts bin and /or reading numbers wrong .possibly they are out of the old style frames .it's not a new problem that fer shur .
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses