Well, I ordered some items

Started by T191032, October 25, 2011, 12:21:48 AM

T191032

Well, I had bought a bunch of Gamo Match pellets, since the testing I had done in my 1740 Target showed they shot good.   Well, the new ones, in the 500 count tins, seem to perform a bit differently (naturally, I expected them to).  :)  When I shot the groups in the RM-377, the fit of the newer ones were tighter than the older ones (in the 250 ct).

By comparison, I've had good luck using the RWS brand wadcutters.  They've showed good accuracy @ 10 Meters for a number of my air arms and are a "go to" for determining accuracy with.  The heavyweight 9.3 SuperMags are kinda awesome and have given remarkably tight groups.  Some have tested them and found little difference group size between the Basics and R-10s in their fancy 10 Meter Match pistols (check RimfireCentral for that).

H & N's are liked as well.   I think the Stoeger X-Match are re-badged H & Ns.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Serpents Den

Quote from: T191032 on October 28, 2011, 06:18:18 PM
Well, if you're good at woodworking, or if not and know someone who is, you might be able to get them to make you one, or two.

woodworking...not I anyways :P i don't have the tools or much of the know-how to do anything like this........ I know a couple of our grip makers made comments that they'd like to make stocks but dont have the tooling to do one-pc work  looking like this or any other outrageous type....methinks, something like this, or any simple stock, could be made in 2 halves, and laminated together, then get their final shaping/sanding and all that.......but then thats just my 2 cents

Serpents Den

Quote from: quickster47 on October 28, 2011, 08:15:12 PM
And I really would like to see someone make this item again for the 2250 guns.

Carl

that would be kewl too, or something very close to it....in different woods and/or finish...

KI Joey

Quote from: Serpents Den on October 29, 2011, 10:04:43 AM
that would be kewl too, or something very close to it....in different woods and/or finish...

You should check out Steve Corcoran stocks. He is the one who made the stock shown in the picture and I think he makes similar ones now in wood finish.

Serpents Den

Quote from: quickster47 on October 28, 2011, 08:15:12 PM
And I really would like to see someone make this item again for the 2250 guns.

Carl
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5078.0;attach=6331

Steve Corcoran is still making this....his 22xx Tactical stock.....I actually like the looks of his Ambi stock too, BUT...

http://www.woodsandwateroutdoors.com/images/Grips_and_Stocks/22xxambi/resized/25_800x600.jpg

I would really like to find if this stock/forearm set in that russian forum thread here, is produced by someone or just a one-off... OR, find someone willing to try and make something similar...

http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/96/140879-m12139327.html

T191032

Got my notification last night.  Parts are on the way.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

T191032

Well, though tagged by USPS as potentially today, they did not get here.  Ahhh, shucks!  Oh well, got some targets shot and out of the way for the Month.  LOL   Hope for tommorow!

quickster47 †

Quote from: T191032 on November 04, 2011, 03:03:49 AM
Well, though tagged by USPS as potentially today, they did not get here.  Ahhh, shucks!  Oh well, got some targets shot and out of the way for the Month.  LOL   Hope for tommorow!

Bummer!!!   :(   Personally, I hate being let down like that when I have my expectations on high alert.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

airguns100

Quote from: RC1947 on October 28, 2011, 07:42:28 PM
The idea of creating a carbine from my 1377 appeals to me.  RC

They make great little carbines.   8)
The OG gangster of the "bling"