Crosman C21 Velocity

Started by willie, November 04, 2011, 04:29:51 AM

willie

03 November 2011 - c10:00-11:00am: 
Crosman C21, bot new Oct 2011.
Marksman BB Model 1510F-BC,  steel,  brass-coat,  0.177.   Did not check Dia’s, Wt’s, Groups.
Chrony-Master Chronograph with remote (15-ft cable) Monitor.
Copperhead Powerlet CO2 cartridge Model-2311, began with fresh/new cartridge.
Outside, overcast sky, c61°F x 63%RH, {House c66°F}.
Shot timing varied 0.5-2.0 minutes apart.
Muzzle c5-feet from chronograph.
Results:  (10x velocity string) 369, 379, 374, 371, 371, 377, 370, 365, 371, 368 = Avg 371.5-fps @5-ft.
                                        For comparison, Daisy Model-853 velocity was 573.5-fps with 4.7gr Gamo Platinum PBA pellet = normal.
Thus, results considered valid, and in contrast to the advertised C21 of up-to 495-fps which doesn’t specify BB or conditions.

Comments or critique are welcome.

woody67

Interesting. I wonder if Crosman used the alloy pellets to.get the higher fps.
Maybe call them and ask them what the reason is why your numbers are so low. They might replace the whole thing...I've heard of them doing that for new guns that don't measure up.
Also, I haven't shot a Co2 in temps in he 60's, as it rarely gets that low down here, but maybe give it a try indoors at some warmer temps?

Crosshairs

Quote from: woody67 on November 04, 2011, 12:23:29 PM
Interesting. I wonder if Crosman used the alloy pellets to.get the higher fps.
Maybe call them and ask them what the reason is why your numbers are so low. They might replace the whole thing...I've heard of them doing that for new guns that don't measure up.
Also, I haven't shot a Co2 in temps in he 60's, as it rarely gets that low down here, but maybe give it a try indoors at some warmer temps?
I been down this road before many times it's just crosmans BS lies none of there guns shoot what they say they will and if they use a lighter pellet or BB to get higher fps then thats even more BS. False advertisement .
                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

woody67

willie

Helpful comments that give perspective to the C21.
I'll keep my C21 as a modest smoothbore BB plinker,
and perhaps try adding some further character items.
A musket is a musket.  Thanks for the commentary.

Crosshairs

Well i still like my c21 it's pretty accurate and fun to plink with a fun shooter for sure.
                                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!