Steel breech??

Started by Nightshade, November 06, 2011, 08:34:55 PM

Serpents Den

Quote from: dpricenator on November 23, 2011, 01:35:46 AM

There are several aftermarket breechs available........ 

.......Most do not come with a bolt, but they will be available form who ever you get you breech from. 

Cothran machine sells his SS breeches, with an extended probe bolt, and choice of RH/LH, and version of bolt handle  (long is $71.50, short is $60.50).... he also sells an open sight adapter that fits to his breech...

dpricenator

Nice.  I think the open sight option is nice. 

Nightshade

Thanks all. I'll wait for my steel breech from Crosman to arrive any day now!  :D :D

1377x

could you tell me what a steel breech from crosman costs including shipping?
closed mouths dont get fed

ceejay

Quote from: Nightshade on November 26, 2011, 09:01:53 PM
Thanks all. I'll wait for my steel breech from Crosman to arrive any day now!  :D :D

Stalking the postman for mine & hoping for today.

Crosman 150 - 357 - 3576 - 1377 - M417
Crosman 1077
Gamo PT-85
Remington 1911RAC

Nightshade

Quote from: 1377x on November 26, 2011, 09:04:10 PM
could you tell me what a steel breech from crosman costs including shipping?

I found a discount code on line so the breech cost $26.99 instead of $29.99.  :-*  The shipping, however, was $14..38!  >:(

So there you have it to my midwestern zip  a grand total of...Ta Da!!!! $41.37 :(

Man, that shipping cost is a killer.  :o

JEBert

ceejay,
Stop shooting that cat! ;D
Where on earth did you get that pic in your avatar?
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

Quote from: Nightshade on November 27, 2011, 02:05:51 AM
I found a discount code on line so the breech cost $26.99 instead of $29.99.  :-*  The shipping, however, was $14..38!  >:(

So there you have it to my midwestern zip  a grand total of...Ta Da!!!! $41.37 :(

gee whiz!
can shipping get any higher!!!?
i ship whole guns for that or cheaper if its a pistol!
i am in the upper midwest myself
luckily i can get the breech locally and save on that shipping cost

quickster47 †

Quote from: Nightshade on November 27, 2011, 02:05:51 AM

Was your order placed on the Internet?  That appears to be one of the ways some dealers make up for their discounts, increase the shipping costs.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Nightshade

Quote from: quickster47 on November 28, 2011, 02:38:54 AM
Was your order placed on the Internet?  That appears to be one of the ways some dealers make up for their discounts, increase the shipping costs.

Carl

Yes, My order was placed on line.  :-[  Felt like I had a gun placed to my head when I came to the shipping.  >:(

Almost....yes, almost.... told Crosman to get screwed and buy a breech from a third party but I caved and went ahead with the order.  :( :(

ChiefBoats.ret

I have done this several times and finally caved and just bought one from them. Compared to other companies crosman rapes you on shipping and I won't buy from them unless it's an absolute necessity. With shipping $45.88...
Getting old ain't for Pussies

dpricenator

FYI 

GMAC, Mountian Air Guns, and Crooked barn both sell aftermarket breeches ans shipping is included.   CB is $42 shipped, but you will need a bolt and handle.  Probably something you would have replaced soon anyway.

Edited due to wrong info

1377x

dpricenator